Author Topic: Eye Help  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Eye Help
« on: August 16, 2004, 09:35:25 PM »
I wonder if anyone can help me. Jazz seems to be acting hyper active, running about and barking. I just notcied she was rubbing her face accross the sofa, so thought she was having problems with her eyes.  When I got the some drops out and put her on my lap to pu the drops in I noticed her eye was the problem.

She blinks a lot and can hardly open her eyes, in the last 10 mins she can't open her eye at all, and is very very restless. she trys to get on my lap, but won't settle for more than 10 secs before she rubbing it again.

I tried bathing her eye with some water, but shes very unhappy, and desperatey trying to rub her eyes,On the other eye it shows a lot of the pink bit, but then looks normal

Can anyone offer any help of advise please. As I write this now shes started wimpering... Maybe she has something in her eye or scratched it whilst running about.

Cathy                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Eye Help
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 09:55:16 PM »
I just spoke to the out of hours vet and they said, she may have caught it when playing, or be having a allergic reation, they advised me to use normal contact lense solution to rinse it out. which i have done but she is a nightmare to keep still. I know shes still herself coz everytime i get a bit of tissue to rinse her eye with she grabs it and runs off, so i am not too concerned, but am still worried because its her eyes.                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Eye Help
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 09:57:55 PM »
:( Ohhh poor Jazz!  Perhaps she has been stung by a bee or a wasp??

Hope shes ok, keep us posted!                    

Offline Allison

• Site Member
    • http://
Eye Help
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 10:11:53 PM »
Hi there, maybe there is a grass seed inside, will she allow you to pull her eye down, last week after a long walk in the country I found 3 in one of Sallys eyes and 2 in the other. x                    
Allison, Neil & Sally.xxxxxxxxxx

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Eye Help
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 10:23:32 PM »
Hi Cathy,

Can't offer any advice I'm afraid but just wondered how she was now? :(                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Eye Help
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 10:33:05 PM »
I had a big job, putting the saline in her eyes, but managed to a few times. I didn't spot anything in the eye, but did give it a good flush.

I also had trouble getting her to settle as she was very fidgetity, so i have put her in her crate and haven't heard a peep. I am just watching wifeswap on channel 4 for the hour and am then goint to check on her to make sure shes ok, I am hoping her eye has opened slightly.

I am going to avoid taking her to the emergency vet tonight, providing she she lively when i go and see her in 30 mins.. if shes acts ill, I will take her..

You have to be so cafeful with the eyes..  i haven't taken her on a grass walk today, and it only happened after she had been playing in the house, she hadn't been out, but she was running about and having a mad time.                    
CATHY

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Eye Help
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 08:03:14 PM »
Jazz woke up this morning, and her eye seemed much better.

I still took her to the vet, and after being a terror, and getting comments..'like 'oh you look like a handfull' the vet put some stuff in her eyes, and said she had a scratch, and slight conjuctivitous.

She seems brighter (louder than normal tonight)

I did get told off by the vet, as I said last night she was yelping and kept cuddling up to my chest. She said when shes like that I should ignore her and not let her kept on my lap, as she wasn't a child...  !!! :shock:  
How I was rewarding her behaviour...

Well I have to say if shes poorly again I will cuddle her more.  Right or Wrong.. She so good natured and gentle she deserves the fuss.                    
CATHY

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Eye Help
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 09:10:56 PM »
Hi Cathy i'm glad Jazz  is feeling better. Take no notice of your vet!! If she wants a cuddle, i would give her one. Its like a doctor saying when a child is sick don't cuddle them, how silly.  :roll: I cuddle Nell all the time,   :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~