Author Topic: Ozzy - Working Cocker ? Mayhew, Nw10  (Read 3342 times)

Offline PennyB

Ozzy - Working Cocker ? Mayhew, Nw10
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 12:17:28 AM »
There was a 3 year old working cocker on our park a few months back and I was convinced she was a setter pup until I eventually spoke to the owner who'd worked cockers for years so knew her stuff and informed me that her dog was definitely a working cocker
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2005, 12:02:07 PM »
He looks like a worker to  me . Most black dogs have the white bib.
Don't you think that he would have more random white on him if he was a collie cross?.
The feathering and the ears look right too.But as mentioned without seeing his full body it is hard too be  100% sure.
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Penel

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 06:20:05 PM »
I see Ozzy is featured in the Hardest to home page in Dogs today this month.  Hopefully that will get him a new home soon.  They don't describe him as a collie cross spaniel in there - in fact they don't describe his breeding at all !!!  he still really looks like a working cocker to me though, in a clearer photo.  

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 01:19:23 PM »
Got to say, from the new pics I am saying he is a cross, the face has some collie in it, and the coat has a bit of collie in it - not far off a working cocker though

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline Becky

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 09:28:43 PM »
I saw him in Dogs Today before reading this and thought he looked like a cocker, but I'm no expert :rolleyes: .  They just called him a cross breed.  Should find him a home through the mag though, they usually do, and feature them all settled with their new owners in a later issue.  Good luck little guy. :D
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!