Author Topic: Paddy's head is looking bizarre....Help please - please!!!  (Read 791 times)

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
Sorry I can't post a picture at the moment but I'll try to explain my problem (or Paddy's - if only he realised it).

I've always liked top knots -Paddy looks so sweet and expressive with more hair to flick about.  But over the past three months or so, a problem has developed which is getting more extensive.

The top of his head is developing more and more "sticky-up" bits - the hair is growing backwards as usual, but within about 5mm of the roots, it has started to stand straight up, at right angles to his skull.  It's ugly, not "top-knotty".

Could I have caused this with using the Coat King?  I'd stopped using it about a year ago, after reading that it can cause some dogs' hair to regrow irregularly, and did use it about four or five months ago once.  but if so - why now, rather than during the year when I used it every Sunday on him???  I have had to resort to cutting the sticky-up bit off - but that looks ugly, blunt etc....if only I could get him to Michele for salvation (or a haircut....).  I hate working full-time for many reasons, and now I've thought of another one!

Help!!!!

Denise (and Paddy - if only he knew it).

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
Re: Paddy's head is looking bizarre....Help please - please!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:42:47 PM »

Bibas coat all over is like this  ::) it grows in all different direction and looks such a mess...her feathers on her body dont grow down they grow sideways .. on her body it goes in so many different directions that its a job to keep on top of it as it is tangling on itself  ::) i did use a coat king for a while but stopped as it was making it spikey and rough...but i think hers is really down to being spayed...shes having a cut tomorrow so see what the groomer can do with it  ::)  ;)

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 06:19:28 PM »
Try thinning it rather than cutting it right off. Thats what I do with Lily  ;)

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 08:47:56 PM »
Unfortunately thats the down side with Coat Kings they give a good finish for a little while and then it all goes haywire :blink:
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 12:45:11 PM »
Will try thinning his hair tonight on the grooming table...not Paddy's favourite location...It looks like a bad NHS wig, which is what his petsitter always says but it's actually true now...

Denise