Author Topic: Show Chocolate Cocker  (Read 3009 times)

Offline *juliet*

• Site Member
Show Chocolate Cocker
« on: September 11, 2005, 09:24:09 PM »
Does anyone know if you can buy a show type chocolate cocker in the UK.  I would really love one, but the ones that i have found are all from the working strain.

If not then where is the closes that you can find one and has any one got any pictures of them, or seen them at shows.

(I dont know if i have posted this in the right place if not then i am very sorry).

Thanks

:D

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 09:34:26 PM »
hello

I have sin 1 chocolate cocker in the ring wot has done realy well he has also got his jw.
dont no of anybody at the mo with choc pups  :(

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 09:46:18 PM »
Chocolate show type cockers are fairly rare :)

I only know 2 people that breed show type puppies of this colour :)

Please feel free to p.m me and i will pass on their details.

Tracey :)
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 10:31:28 PM »
As Tracey says, solid chocolate/liver is not a common colour & not an easy colour to breed quality-wise. The last solid chocolate to win a high award at a Champ show was Cardamine Tolly Cobbold, who won the RDCC at West of England Cocker Club Ch Show in 1999 - you can see a photo of him in the article on colours on the Cocker Spaniel Club site HERE. I can't think of any solid chocolate that's won a JW - perhaps Sarah is thinking of a roan.

Jane
Jane

Offline JaneES

• Site Member
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 09:53:44 PM »
Is it a solid chocolate or a chocolate roan (liver roan) you are interested in?  As Jane says Solid chocs are few and far between, you may get lucky in finding a roan, but its a very hard colour to compete with!  :rolleyes:

Good Luck in your search
Jane (owned by Charlie, Frankie,Jaymae & Callum)

Offline *juliet*

• Site Member
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 03:57:29 PM »
Is it a solid chocolate or a chocolate roan (liver roan) you are interested in?  As Jane says Solid chocs are few and far between, you may get lucky in finding a roan, but its a very hard colour to compete with!  :rolleyes:

Good Luck in your search
[snapback]145629[/snapback]

Thanks for your help.

I am really intrested in getting a solid, i can get a choc roan pup but they dont always do that well under breed judges and i would perfer a solid as i love them more than the roans.

I will have to keep looking and maybe i might find one.

Offline JaneES

• Site Member
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 10:30:17 PM »
You may be better to look up some breeders in Ireland.  There are a couple over there that I have seen.
Jane (owned by Charlie, Frankie,Jaymae & Callum)

Offline sarahb2206

• Site Member
    • http://
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 10:35:03 PM »
Hi

Sorry, but I can't help you - but I did bump into my first solid choccie last week - I was soooooooo impressed, I put it in a thread under "what a cutie" in general discussion....
Sarah and Bramble XX

Offline Looking for Speedy

• Site Member
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 05:19:42 AM »
Joey is a liver roan, I do like the chocolate roan term better. People comment on him as there isnt any dogs like him around here in our area (Interior BC).  :)

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 09:18:58 AM »
My little Dillon is a solid chocolate show cocker spaniel - and we get sooo many admirers when we are out.... :rolleyes:
His mum is a solid chocolate, but out of the litter of 7 pups Dill was the only solid chocolate, and once we saw him we just fell in love...... (until that moment we were not bothered about the colour - temperament and a full tail were our main criteria...)

He is wonderfull, and I love the fact that there are not too many like him.. (although for showing I think he would not be allowed as he has some white on his chest and under his chin, not that we are planning on showing anyway...)

I do hope that chocolate cockers are not going to become as popular as the chocolate labradors..... have visions of puppy farms filled with little chocolate bundles of fluff :(

Petra

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 09:47:02 AM »
sadly i think this will be the case in the long run.it angers me so much that the kc allow these people to register and that local authorities allow this practice to carry on while the dogs involved are suffering so much.
i know the kc have no real control over the welfare of the dogs and lately i have lost all confidence in kc papers after learning about a staff(9 yrs)being bred and the litter registered under a different bitch.this apparently happened a couple of years ago and i must admit i was very shocked to learn that this is a common practice in backyard breeders. :(

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 09:59:22 AM »
I do hope that chocolate cockers are not going to become as popular as the chocolate labradors..... have visions of puppy farms filled with little chocolate bundles of fluff :(
[snapback]146442[/snapback]

I agree. Unfortunately chocolate labs have become the new "must-have" accessory whereas a few years ago you would hardly ever see one.  ;)  ;)  ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Phaedra

• Site Member
    • Blue Runes Cocker Spaniels
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 05:15:05 PM »
I have handled this guy a few times:

He was born in Spain and lives in Sweden, but his pedigree seems pretty English, and may give you some ideas If you like the type.

Anneli

Offline *juliet*

• Site Member
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 06:47:48 PM »
Thanks for the stunning picture what a babe  :wub:

What is he like to handle he looks like a sweetheart.

thanks again  :D

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
Show Chocolate Cocker
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 12:48:53 AM »
WOW what a lovely boy he is. :)
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx