Author Topic: Barking to excess  (Read 8513 times)

Offline caroljay

• Site Member
Barking to excess
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2003, 10:13:18 AM »
Hi Lorraine ,

We have the same problem our neighbour petitions about everything and anything . Even got a jack russell removed across the road .

So my advise is keep your freinds close but your enemys closer . We gave her a key to the house so that if he does trouble her she can let herself in and sort it out , she sits down woth him for 10 mins and chats to him  and he is OK for the rest of the day . We also buy her a bottle of gin every now and agian and say its from the dog .

Some people listen all the time when they know there is a certain noise ie barking and then try to create a problem about it . But my question is would they be as much of a moaner if there was a child at home all day crying ?

What are you expected to do then - send your child to an orphanage because they are to noisy ?

CJ                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Barking to excess
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2003, 12:52:41 PM »
Wow some of you guys have got horrible neighbours, I am truly blessed as we have a retired chap who lives across the road who walks Billy with his dog everyday so that he is not on his own for more than 3 hours at a time.

The only unpleasant neighbour we have got objects strongly to my daughter!!!!!! who is 7 playing out with her pram as the noise of the wheels irritates him, we have to tell her to push it the other way which means that she is out of my sight.

Friends of ours who have two westies actually started to get hate mail with words cut out of newspapers about what they were going to do to their dogs whilst they were out.........sick.

M                    

Offline fudgesmammy

• Site Member
    • http://
Barking to excess
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2003, 08:44:50 PM »
We've been looking at moving for a while (not because of the neighbours- although there's added reason now!) and we looked at a house this weekend with an acre of field out back!!!!! Hurrah!!!
Only problem is it needs much 'modernisation'!!!
Our neighbours would never send us hate mail- they're far too busy complaining!!                    
Eilidh, Fudge and Harry