Author Topic: About Time I Introduced Myself  (Read 2676 times)

Offline PollyKay

• Site Member
About Time I Introduced Myself
« on: January 26, 2005, 11:11:55 PM »
Hello everyone out there.  I thought it was about time I introduced myself properly.
I've been logged on for over a week now popping in and out of different discussions and finding my way around the site.  My name's Polly (as if you hadn't guessed) and I live in Norfolk.  I haven't got a Spaniel at the moment as my beautiful Blue Roan, Sammy (15) had to leave us in October.  
It was the hardest time of my life.  I still miss him every day and talk to his photo.  I sometimes feel I must be going mad. I tell myself he had a good life and was loved and cuddled every day, but still feel guilty at having to let him go.  Towards the end he was blind and deaf, doubly incontinent and with colitis so I new deep down that I couldn't let him go on although I wanted to believe that he could live forever.
It's a great site, like a Spaniel soap.  Especially like our film stars, Butty and Stuey.
Rooting for Scooby after his op, cooing over gorgeous little Einstein, one of the new 'babies'.  The gallery has beautiful photos of Cockers.
A message for you all - enjoy your dogs - I will, and thank you for letting me 'borrow' them. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Polly (& Sidney the Cavalier)[/size]

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 11:43:16 PM »
Hi Polly  :)

Welcome to the site, I'm glad to hear your are enjoying our friendly group. I'm sorry to hear about Sammy  :(  I to lost a dog aged 15 (before Buttons) and it is just the most awful thing. Please don't feel too guilty about getting another cocker. They are all different, no other cocker will ever replace Sammy but in their own way each cocker adds something new, different & special to our lives.
I often think of my old dog (have a picture by the bed) I like to think that he looks down on Buttons and protects her, like a guardian angel  :)

Enjoy your time here.

Gilly

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 09:38:57 AM »
:) Hi Polly

:( I am so sorry to hear about Sammy :(   Its so obvious he meant the world too.   That was such a lovely heartfelt introduction, had me welling up  <_<   Your not going mad talking to his pictures, its part of the grieving process, you are amongst dog lovers who completely understand that :)   You don't ever  forget them, but it does with time get a bit easier. I bet you have so many beautiful memories that will stay with you forever.

Welcome to the forum, I am glad your enjoying it, we support each other here through good and bad times, you are amongst like-minded people who adore the little merry cocker

:wub:

xx

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 09:49:58 AM »
Hi Polly

So you're the lady with the Mohair Sammy?  :D  He's beautiful just like I imagine your real Sammy was. Its so sad when the time comes for them to leave us - I know how you feel having lost my black cocker Sasha a few years ago. She was the absolute love of my life and it broke my heart when I lost her.

But now I have my gorgeous little Scully a golden cocker, and my big black bouncy labrador baby called Oscar - both so different from Sasha, but both just as wonderful in very different ways  :)

I hope you continue to enjoy the site and our company and our dogs  :D  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 10:17:16 AM »
:D Hiya and a big warm welcome to cockersonline, sorry to hear about sammy, i dont mind if you borrow my cocker at all. His name is Bailey and he's 1 year old and red in colour.
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 10:41:20 AM »
You can borrow Daisy too!!

Very nice to meet you and to read your lovely introduction

xxx
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 05:18:36 PM »
Hi Polly - sorry to hear about Sammy.  I know how you feel, I lost my previous cocker Bilbo at 13yrs, he had heart problems and eventually dementia.  I kept him going probably longer than I should have done and it broke my heart when I had to eventually let him go.  At the time I said never again! and here I am now with another two !!  :rolleyes:   Once you have had a cocker its almost impossible to be without one, because of their lovely character they become such a large part of your life.

I hope you can soon feel able to add a new little one to your life and as Gilly said the new one will never replace Sammy but will have his/her own personality and you will love them just as much in a different way :wub:

Hope you enjoy the site as much as i do,  look forward to chatting with you.

Cocker hugs from us xxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline charlie771

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 05:41:54 PM »
Hello Polly and welcome to COL  :D

I'm sorry to hear about your much loved Sammy,

I look forward to seeing you around the forum.
Nicky and Charlie

tracee

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 06:50:35 PM »
hi and welcome :)

sorry to hear about sammy :(
  we lost our 11mth old black boy in november but having the other dogs helped a lot
                                xxxxxxxx

Offline PollyKay

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 10:21:26 PM »
Thanks to all of you. It's good to have like-minded people to share my memories with, and who can understand the pain of losing a special animal friend.  I'll try to concentrate on sharing happy times with Sammy with you as I don't want to pass depressing vibes on to the forum.   :)  
Polly (& Sidney the Cavalier)[/size]

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 04:38:10 PM »
Welcome to COL Polly and I'm sorry to hear about Sammy but 15 is a very good age for a cocker to live.  You must miss him terribly though.
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005, 07:05:08 PM »
Welcome to COL Polly - glad you are enjoying the site. Sorry to hear about Sammy :(  I lost my first cocker last June and it just absolutely destroyed me. He was 9 days short of his 12th birthday but i know he is still with us in spirit and hopefully looking after Vegas and Dallas who were his fellow muskateers ;)  
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline alan&ness

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2005, 07:32:40 PM »
:D WELCOME POLLY, HAVE FUN , :D  :D
ALAN NESS&MONTY

Offline nellie

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2005, 07:53:02 PM »
Hi Polly,

So sorry to hear of the loss of your Sammy, my heart goes out to you. I lost my Beloved Scampy 7 years ago aged 17, I too kept him going for a long time but had to let him go to doggie heaven eventually. I still feel guilty even though I know it was the right thing to do. Getting Bonnie (she`s 4 months old) has been the best decision ever,  you can never be depressed with a cocker, and I know if and when you decide to have another pup Sammy will be watching over you. I always like to think that our precious doggies who have passed on are having a wonderful time up there healthy, happy and running around having fun.

Enjoy the site.

[size=8]Rachael & Bonnie x[/size][/font]

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2005, 08:14:50 PM »
Hi Polly,  a warm welcome to you from us too :D.  Sorry to hear of your loss.  I bet you had 15 fantastic years with Sammy.  I've only been a cocker owner for 17 months and already I can't imagine being without them.

I look forward to seeing you around the site.
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!