Author Topic: Keep Your Fingers Crossed!  (Read 13217 times)

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Keep Your Fingers Crossed!
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2005, 09:12:18 PM »
No news yet Sheila!  But no news is good news, right?  ;)

I am going to take them up on their offer of visiting them though, so I think me and Paul may do that tomorrow.  It will be nice to put faces to the voices and to see all those gorgeous Cockers! :D

It will also give them a chance to let them see that we are still really interested as they only have my phone number so far - and I could be anyone!

The only thing I am really worried about now though is that if I do get accepted to re-home one or both of these boys - would the guy that I am rehoming them for be looking for £100's of pounds (considering he did buy them from this breeder, albeit 4 years ago)?  Or will he just be looking for the comfort of knowing that they have been given a loving home?

I am fully expecting to have to pay something, but as we originally were going through Cocker Rescue I had a rough idea of what I would be expected to pay - but as this is via the breeders themselves I am not sure where I stand?  

I don't object to having to pay - I just don't know how this works, and I don't want to ask the breeder in case she thinks "if she is worrying about paying to get the dogs, then she maybe can't afford to keep them", which is not the case!

I think I am just feeling a bit delicate after having all these other disappointments!

Has anyone had any experience of this - it is really stressing me out!  :(  Mind you, I worry about EVERYTHING!   :lol:

Thanks for listening to me rambling...

Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2005, 09:55:34 PM »
I hope you have a lovely time meeting all those gorgeous cockers if you go tomorrow.
Having personal contact with the breeder will be really good I think.

I don't have any experience about rehoming myself, but I would have thought that anyone who cared enough about their dogs to realise that they needed to be rehomed wouldn't be looking for lots of money. It seems their main concern is the dogs welfare.

Good luck for tomorrow and maybe after you have chatted for a while you will feel it's alright to ask about money. I think you will be able to gauge that best when you have met and talked to the breeder.

I will have my fingers crossed for you.x

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2005, 10:03:40 PM »
:) Good luck tommorrow Tiggerbabe - hope you have some good news for us !  :D  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline alan&ness

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2005, 10:13:52 PM »
<_< XXX FINGERS CROSSED XXX
ALAN NESS&MONTY

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2005, 10:24:07 PM »
Everything crossed for you Tiggerbabe!
When you get your little cocker it will be so worth it, I promise! :)  

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2005, 11:05:50 PM »
:) Hope all goes as planned tomorrow!

scoobie

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2005, 11:00:50 AM »
Any news ?

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2005, 06:49:25 PM »
Hiya!

Well, Paul and I went to see the breeder and her troops today!  When we got there all their gorgeous dogs were running around in the massive back garden having a ball!  :D

We sat in the house with the breeder and her hubby and we had a long chat (sounding us out!!  But I wouldn't have expected anything less!)  She took us up to see the pups too - they are 4 weeks old tomorrow and little bundles of fluff!

Well, I am VERY happy to report some fantastic news for a change............  ;)

The guy that needs his two dogs re-homed has still not been in touch, but, the breeder has a bitch which is now being bullied by her sister right out of the blue, but it seems to be getting worse as time goes on.  She is afraid that it might get out of hand and the poor thing might end up with a sore face or worse!  So, she asked us if we would be interested in giving her a home instead!  

She brought her girl into the house and we spent about an hour or so with her chatting away and getting Cocker cuddles all the time!  The breeder said that she could see how much more relaxed the dog was when she was away from the others and she didn't think there would be any problem with her settling in.  She was quiet impressed that Paul and I are very outdoor types and said that the dog would be in her element!  

She is just coming up for 6, and her name is Sophie!  She is a small black and white beauty and we have fell totally in love with her already!  She is absolutely gorgeous - she was lying on top of Paul within minutes getting her belly rubbed!  :lol:

She is coming to stay with us next weekend for a trial run - to see how she settles with the cat.  The breeder is giving me a loan of a crate for the weekend too as she is used to sleeping in one of them - just until I get time to buy one in.

I am really flattered as it was obvious that the breeder and her hubby are very attached to their dogs and they said that this was the first time that they had even had to think about rehoming one of that age - so I think if she goes it will be hard for them too.  :(

But for me - it's a case of BRING ON FRIDAY NIGHT!!!  :D

Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline betastorm

• Site Member
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/v208/betastorm/
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2005, 07:06:20 PM »
Thats fantastic news. :lol:   Good luck with next weekend and I hope everything turns out really well. :D  
Wendy and little Molly

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2005, 07:11:09 PM »
that is super news. Hope it works out for you ;) Bet you can't wait for next weekend now.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2005, 07:18:02 PM »
That's great news  :D  roll on the weekend  :D  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

scoobie

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2005, 07:27:21 PM »
Tiggerbabe that's fantastic news I bet you won't sleep for a week now :D sooo happy for you and Sophie x

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2005, 07:31:14 PM »
That is brilliant news - hope it all goes well when she stays with you ( and your cat!! ) . :D

Bet the week can't go quick enough :D

Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline nellie

• Site Member
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2005, 07:59:38 PM »
How exciting for you Tiggerbabe, you won`t get a wink of sleep between now and Friday. Sophie sounds an absolute peach, can`t wait to see her picture.

[size=8]Rachael & Bonnie x[/size][/font]

Offline flora

• Site Member
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2005, 08:35:05 PM »
i am really pleased for you and bet you can't wait for fridaygood luck i am really pleased for you