Author Topic: Last Minute Shopping  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Gill66

• Site Member
    • http://
Last Minute Shopping
« on: June 04, 2005, 04:29:09 PM »
Hi there, i have almost got everything i need for our new arrival, however i am finding it difficult to find stainless steel feeding bowls for Cocker Spaniels, the type that stop their ears getting full of food, could anyone help me out with this. Thanks
SHANE.....WHAT A WINNER!!!![/font]

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Last Minute Shopping
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 04:50:08 PM »
We got a ceramic spaniel bowl from Jolleys for Molo's water - he can tip over a stainless steel one  :rolleyes:

Molo is on a complete dry food - so we don't have to worry about his ears in his food - to be honest, he eats it so quick, there'd be no time for his ears to get dirty  :lol:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Last Minute Shopping
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 06:06:34 PM »
There are some Here - about 1/3 of the way down the page  :) .  I feed dry food as well - so don't need a spaniel bowl for food.  I have a ceramic one for water, as it's heavier - you may find that your pup will, at some point, discover that he can pick up his water bowl and carrying it around with him - both mine did this when we were on holiday and using a travel bowl  ;)  :D
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Gill66

• Site Member
Last Minute Shopping
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 06:22:17 PM »
Thanks a lot thats really helpful, one thing though and i know this may sound really stupid of me, but what size bowls should i be getting. He will be 8 weeks when we get him

Offline Bo's Mum

• Site Member
Last Minute Shopping
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 07:24:11 PM »
most pet shops seem to sell them i no that pets at home do anyway, they are usually just called spaniel bowls
i jus got our pup Bo about a week ago i bet youe really excited about getting yours  :D
carly x

Offline Gill66

• Site Member
Last Minute Shopping
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 07:38:06 PM »
We are due to get him a week on weds but our breeder said we could get him the Sunday before...I am Soooooo excited....i have ordered the bowls from the site recomended, i did go to my local pets at home but they do not stock them, they are to order. I have shopped like mad on e bay etc. How are you getting on a week later. I keep trying to post a photo but it all keeps going wrong...lol

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Last Minute Shopping
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 09:36:06 PM »
Thanks a lot thats really helpful, one thing though and i know this may sound really stupid of me, but what size bowls should i be getting. He will be 8 weeks when we get him
[snapback]130291[/snapback]

For the early days you may be better off with just ordinary shallow puppy dishes. Spaniel dishes are very deep and the small amounts of food they are fed at that age, he may have trouble reaching it
Caroline and Alfie

Offline PennyB

Last Minute Shopping
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 03:45:47 PM »
[snapback]130291[/snapback]

For the early days you may be better off with just ordinary shallow puppy dishes. Spaniel dishes are very deep and the small amounts of food they are fed at that age, he may have trouble reaching it
[snapback]130318[/snapback]

I used the spare cat bowls!
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!