Author Topic: growth spurt  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Anne Marie

• Site Member
growth spurt
« on: September 10, 2006, 09:32:51 PM »
My Fonzy is now 18 weeks, I can see him growing infront of my eyes.

Every week he's a bit taller, longer and hairer! Places that were once beyond his reach are now accessible- beds, chairs- nowhere is safe!
Was wondering at what age most Cockers reach their fully grown size. I know its probably different for each dog, but generally what have most owners found?

Offline Neville

• Site Member
  • Me 13 weeks old
Re: growth spurt
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 09:46:06 PM »
Fonzy is gorgeous! :luv:

Neville is 6 months old next week and still growing!  I believe they stop about 7/8 months.  I'm sure I'll be corrected by someone more knowledgable than me if I'm wrong.
Look forward to hearing from you!

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 09:59:51 PM »
We had this discussion a couple of months ago. I'll try and do a link. (It's my first time!)
http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=18415

Edited to say: Yeah! It worked.  :D By the way, my pups are 7 months old and still growing.

Offline ali

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 10:07:36 PM »
barkley is definitely still growing at nearly 8 months old, but not in height, it's more that his general build is changing. he was in kennels ( :( ) for four days last weekend and we both said that he seemed different in some way but we couldn't quite say how...
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline Anne Marie

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 10:16:05 PM »
Thanks for the link- plenty of variation in sizes. Will have to wait to see how Fonz turns out.

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 11:16:30 PM »
Ben is now 14 months and has finally stopped growing in height!  I think he stopped at 12 months but it had slowed by then.  He is now filling out - getting a wider head and chest.  His legs looked really long  but now his chest is deeper he is more in proportion ;)  He is a working cocker though and large for his type ............ in build and character  :lol:

Offline maximus

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 09:30:35 AM »
Ben is now 14 months and has finally stopped growing in height!  I think he stopped at 12 months but it had slowed by then.  He is now filling out - getting a wider head and chest.  His legs looked really long  but now his chest is deeper he is more in proportion ;)  He is a working cocker though and large for his type ............ in build and character  :lol:

Max too is a working cocker and i think he stopped growing and month or two ago, He is 12 months now and is still very large but leggy and you could even say skinny , i know Ben and Max are quite alike so i hope Max follows Ben and fills out in the body a bit soon, it looks a bit like we starve our dog at the moment but Max eats and eats and never gains weight  :huh:

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 10:25:28 AM »

Max too is a working cocker and i think he stopped growing and month or two ago, He is 12 months now and is still very large but leggy and you could even say skinny , i know Ben and Max are quite alike so i hope Max follows Ben and fills out in the body a bit soon, it looks a bit like we starve our dog at the moment but Max eats and eats and never gains weight  :huh:
[/quote]

Which food do you give Max?  I'm sure I recall someone on here saying that they'd moved their dog over to a higher-protein food to get him/her to gain weight and it worked - the dog didn't get fat but just filled out - think it was a worker too???

Denise

Offline maximus

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 10:40:07 AM »
Max is on Half Barf- Half Burns diet but i dont really think the burns has really suited him as if he has too much it goes straight through him  :P Barf is great for him though, we do give him a lot of egg and tripe but still no filling out as yet  :huh:

havent seen that thread i'll have to have a look for it, thanks  :D