Author Topic: Another Insurance Question....  (Read 4824 times)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Another Insurance Question....
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 04:21:36 PM »
I'm useless, I still don't know :ph34r:

We were originally going to do the £10 a month into a pot plan, that's why we weren't sure about insurance :unsure: but we figured that you'd only be saving £120 a year so after 10 years you'd still only have £1200 if you'd never used it so if Bella needed something expensive (I'm guessing some things must be or they wouldn't have caps of £6000/7000 on insurance covers) you wouldn't have enough.

Having said that I'm with Suki in that if something needed doing you'd find the money somewhere even if you did have to remortgage.
[snapback]133138[/snapback]

I would say give M&S a go, dont forget if premiums go up or too many exclusions occur, you can shop around and find a better deal.

Heres a run down of the cover I have

Vet fees including                 £7000
complementry treatment       £750
Behaviourist                         £250
Cremation/funeral                £100
Dietry foods                         £200
Third party liability                £2,000,000

This are all for the period of insurance -ie paid to that amount per year for every year you take out insurance. Then on top of that I have all the other things such as holiday cancellation, quarentine, theft and straying etc and even £750 accidental damage to OWN property. All this for £15.81 a month and NO excess.
This is less then half of what Pet Plan wanted and they also had a £60 excess

For this area thats a bargain and as long as they dont start adding stupid exclusions Im happy
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 06:32:16 PM »
Who did you insure Molo with then?

After reading what you have just said I didn't realise that they paid for the first 12 months only and then you our on your own.  I wonder whether I have done the right thing?  :unsure:
[snapback]133116[/snapback]

I eventually opted for Direct Line - capped at £6000 per condition, with the lower excess (£35 I think) and the additional cover options, for £17 per month.

For our requirements and budget, Direct Line and More Than both offered the best deals; I chose Direct Line as I get a further 10% off because I have a car policy with them   :)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline celticdreamer

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 06:34:15 PM »
try this one www.eandl.co.uk i have been looking to change now i have 2 dogs and this one looks good for what it costs. :)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 06:43:22 PM »
try this one www.eandl.co.uk i have been looking to change now i have 2 dogs and this one looks good for what it costs. :)
[snapback]133169[/snapback]

I found this one and thought so too; until I saw the fact that there's a 12 month limit on each condition hidden in the small print  <_<
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 10:00:02 PM »
........ dont forget if premiums go up or too many exclusions occur, you can shop around and find a better deal.

Be careful though, with new insurers you might find that they won't cover pre-existing conditions.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 11:04:59 PM »

Personally, I wouldn't touch E & L with a barge pole. They are notorious for not paying up
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Em - Oscar's mum

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 09:43:56 AM »

One word of warning my vet told me not to go anywhere near E & L.

Offline lynsay_wag

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 11:05:30 AM »
Hi we ended up going with pet plan for Oscar. We live in Troon (Ayrshire, Scotland) and I think its about £15 a month. The only reason we went with them was because our vet recommended them as they are good at paying out and because they covered illnesses for life, not just for 12 months. I know someone who is with More Than (she also has a CS), she pays £9.99 a month and with their policy there is a limit on how much they will pay out. I recommend you just shop about and find the best policy that suits you and your dog.  :)

Offline Caz

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2005, 12:38:08 PM »
Pet insurance is a mine field.  My lot are with sainsbury's which I have found really good also you get a small reduction each month on each additional pet.  For the old boy (aged 12) it's £13 a month and Della & Danny are approx £8 per month which is far better than my old insurance which was Pet Protect. They started at £13 and gradually increased to £32 which was ok as my old Sam was diabetic and I was putting in a claim once amonth for six years.  Then when he reached 10 years old they requested an amount of £150 per month + I would have to pay 50% of each claim!  :o  At this stage I looked for another insurance co and sainsburys would even take an older dog which alot will only take upto 8 year olds.  At age 10 Scampi was also transferred to sainsbury's he is also diabetic and no troubles with the claims they are well worth considering.
Caz, Della, Danny & Robbie.

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2005, 01:16:49 PM »
E and L ,dont touch them, again i`ve heard they dont pay up ,hubbies an underwritter( for commercial ins) and has heard nothing but problems with them.
sue baxter and Alfie