Author Topic: Seaside -  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Seaside -
« on: April 02, 2004, 09:13:42 PM »
Alan suggested we have a day out on Sunday, with Jazz and drive up to skegness to show jazz the sea. I was really excited about the thouhgt of a day out, until i found out he really wants to visit a CD shop there..

My concern may be silly, but was wondering should I be careful of anything with her on the beach?  Feel abit nervious about the sea, and the sand. I have never taken a dog to the seaside before..

What if she eats a crab or something..?
Or

Do you think she will go in the sea?                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Seaside -
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 09:30:16 PM »
Hi Cathy

We live across the road from a beach so my three are on it more times that they are off it :wink: The chances of her finding a crab to eat are probably pretty remote as I'm sure Skegness is a very sandy beach, and doesn't have little rock pools etc !!!  Just go and have a great day and I'm sure Jazz will have a fab time running along the sand, she might not even like the water as some don't, my Bart will avoid getting totally wet at all costs whereas Sebastian and Douglas I can't keep them dry if the sea is anywhere near !!!                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
Seaside -
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 10:04:22 PM »
Cathy, I second what Dessie says - the beach is great fun! We live right beside a fab beach in St Andrews and Pickle has been going there since he was allowed to go on walks (3 months ago!) P doesnt go in the water (too cold) but he loves digging in the sand, picking up seaweed and collecting shells(!) There are usually lots of other dogs to play with too....it is great fun, so go and enjoy yourselves!
Emma and Pickle xx                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Seaside -
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 11:00:52 PM »
:D I absolutely agree too! The beach is a great place to take dogs, as long as you keep an eye on them, its fine!  I love beaches to walk on more that fields, its usually not as muddy and its easier to see where they are generally, as their is less hidie spots :wink:  

Enjoy, don't forget the ice cream!                    

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Seaside -
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 08:31:15 AM »
Brogan and I love it at the Beach - we visit Tentsmuir Forest at Leuchars on a regular basis.  Brogan seems to have a thing for the razor shells - although he doesn't eat them.  He is not so fond of the North Sea though!! Maybe in the warmer weather?!  We finish off our walk via the dunes and woodland - he's usually dryish and sand free by the time we return to the car  - the bonus of a windy spot!! :D

We also periodically visit the beach at St Andrews (more people though and Brogan thinks he has the right to say hello to everyone - helps keep paracetamol in business when we go there - still working on Brogans self control - or lack of it should I say)  :evil:                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Seaside -
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 08:55:03 AM »
We love beaches too - we're surrounded by them, so it's a good job  :D   We only go about once a week as I don't want to spend my whole life sweeping sand off the floors  :)   Morgan absoutely loves the sea and is always disappointed when we have to leave, he looks longingly out the car window as we drive away  :lol:  I wouldn't say there was anything to worry about - my vet even suggected taking my pups there when they'd had their first jab as he says it's really clean with the tides in and out twice a day  :)   Have fun - hope you get nice weather too  :D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Seaside -
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2004, 10:22:14 AM »
I'm going with everyone else on this one :D  My three love going to the beach - they start shaking and whimpering half way there in excitement :lol: We go to the one in Broughty Ferry and my boys love running in and out the water, picking up seaweed and trying to dig holes to Oz(they probably know the beaches are nicer there :wink:  :lol: )  I'm sure Jazz will love it - make sure you take a camera :wink:  :D                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Seaside -
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 11:00:55 AM »
Ditto - what I would suggest though is taking plenty of fresh drinking water with you - they often drink the sea water :?

The when you get home a quick rinse of with some clean water to get the sand and salt out of her coat.

Go, Enjoy take the camera, you'll have a great time :D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline andrea

• Site Member
    • http://
Seaside -
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 05:48:31 PM »
Yeah! we are going to the seaside tomorrow. Can't wait to see Bleu on a beach. Phil intends to help his brother learn to kiteboard :shock:  so lots of walks for me and Bleu. :D  I think Bleu will be straight in the sea. Took her on a walk straight after the downpour the other day and she stuck her nose in every single puddle!

Andrea, Phil and Bleu.

P.S. Think of me in a freezing cold tent while you are all wrapped up nice and warm in bed!                    

Offline PennyB

Seaside -
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 01:07:34 AM »
Mine must be weird then as they prefer the sand dunes to the beach. Took them to Oxwich Bay not that long ago and they didn't think much of the sea but once we hit the sand dunes there (they're quite mature so its just not sand) they were in heaven.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Seaside -
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2004, 10:49:08 AM »
Ditto to everyone elses comments

On a purely professional note also get for getting weight of shoulders and building muscle tone :D                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
Seaside -
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2004, 07:58:01 PM »
We took Tali to Skeggy in October he was only 6 months, but Skeggy is very Sandy but I'd try to stay down the opposite end to the town as this will prob be very busy. We spent most of the time wave dodging as Tali wasn;t that keen on going in, but chasing them was great fun and he had a great time.  Hope you have a good time.
 :)  :)                    
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino