Author Topic: We are going to be a mum!  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Sandie

• Site Member
    • http://
We are going to be a mum!
« on: July 24, 2004, 04:10:50 PM »
Hi all,

My little girl Aimee is going to be a mum! Had her scanned last week and was told that she is going to have six or seven puppies maybe more. Heaven help us!  :D

She is the side of a house as it is and she has another three weeks to go. She is still very loving and active although I do try and stop her getting too excited playing with the whirlwind Wesley, who has now decided he wants to hump her everytime they play  :oops:

Do bitches cope with big litters? Aimee is only a small bitch and I am worried that she won't be able to cope with all those puppies. I am wondering if I am going to be on a constant round of puppy feeding on a hourly basis  :cry:

I just hope we can cope ok as this is our first litter and of course I want to do whats best for her. Has anyone got any advice on how I should cope let alone Aimee  :wink:

Many thanks,

Sandie, a very fat Aimee and Wesley xx                    

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 04:58:39 PM »
Awwww! I can imagine Aimee is loving up all this attention n affection...tell her to make the most of it :)  lol!
The largest litter we have had is our last one, which my special lad Harv came out of - which was six :) . Our Tina was a super mum :lol: , our best mum so far  :wink:. Tina always kept an eye on all of em, we had a lot to thank her for as they were all fat healthy pups - can't ask for much more really :D .
Our first cocker Chloe came out of a littler of 8 goldens - what gems, her mum also coped very well :D .
So gud luck...sure you will have a super mum in the making :wink: .                    

Offline PennyB

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 12:28:55 AM »
Wilf was one of nine and his mum was not a large bitch, while Ruby was one of eight!                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!