Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 3102 times)

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Insurance
« on: June 04, 2005, 10:25:10 PM »
Can anyone who has researched pet insurance tell me which companies offer continuous cover rather than limiting claims to a 12 month period?

So far all I've found is Sainsbury's or More Than.

I just looked up M&S as some people had said they were good but their cover is limited to 12 months.

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 10:31:40 PM »
Can anyone who has researched pet insurance tell me which companies offer continuous cover rather than limiting claims to a 12 month period?

So far all I've found is Sainsbury's or More Than.

I just looked up M&S as some people had said they were good but their cover is limited to 12 months.
[snapback]130341[/snapback]

M&S cover IS lifetime

Does this policy have a 12 month limit for vet fees cover?

No – you can claim up to £7,000 per policy year to cover the cost of specific treatments if your pet is ill or injured. Continue to renew policy, and this level of cover will be maintained. However, some policies automatically exclude cover for illnesses 12 months after their occurrence. Please check all policies carefully.

If you do a search on insurance you will find quite a few threads with loads of information
Caroline and Alfie

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Insurance
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 10:38:28 PM »
There's quite a lot of policies that offer continuous cover.

A lot of companies are now offering lifetime cover but they do give you a limit per year which will then be re-instated when the policy is renewed

The only policy that I can think of that gives you unlimited vet fees per year is Pet Plan. They have a few different policy levels and that one is their "deluxe" one.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 10:40:37 PM »
sorry :ph34r: wasn't reading it correctly because it said £7000 per year I thought that meant they only paid out for each thing for one year - doh!

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 10:42:29 PM »
There's quite a lot of policies that offer continuous cover.

A lot of companies are now offering lifetime cover but they do give you a limit per year which will then be re-instated when the policy is renewed

The only policy that I can think of that gives you unlimited vet fees per year is Pet Plan. They have a few different policy levels and that one is their "deluxe" one.
[snapback]130348[/snapback]

thanks Gill, I wasn't really understanding the wording!

lifetime cover is sufficient, most of them give quite a high limit anyway so it doesn't need to be unlimited. Petplan insurance premiums are a lot higher than the others.

Offline Em - Oscar's mum

• Site Member
    • http://
Insurance
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »
I am at a loss whether to go with Tesco, M & S or More than.  What does anybody think?

Offline Bob's mum

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 03:52:32 PM »
We have just done M&S for Bob as his 6 weeks free runs out next Saturday. It was really easy to do online
[size=8]Jo[/size][/font]xxxx

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 05:56:12 PM »
Were with M & S
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Babylonian

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 07:13:03 PM »
Were with M & S
[snapback]131417[/snapback]

We're with M&S too - there is an option to not pay excess by paying a little more, I think?
Jed's mummy, living in Milngavie.

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 09:24:20 PM »
Yes there are quite a few options you can choose from, there is one where you can pay extra and have no excess or you can choose the excess you want to pay.  

We have got ours set at £70 as we really only wanted to be covered for anything major. I think we pay about £7.80 -£8.25 per dog per month, you get a discount for more than one dog.  Touch wood we haven't had to make a claim yet so I don't know how helpful they are when you want to claim.
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Insurance
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 09:53:24 PM »
Phoebe is insured with Pet plan at the mo but now we have Libby, we are thinking of doing a dog fun instead. By the time we have paid the 2 premiumns each month and the factored in the excess we think putting some money aside eah month might work out better.

Obviously we are prepared for the unexpected vets bill if they need an op but as we have no kids I'd rather spend the money on the pooches!
Anita

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 10:26:45 AM »
I'm with M&S too, I pay a little over £20 a month for 2 dogs with life cover and no excess  :D
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Insurance
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2005, 10:45:22 AM »
 :D
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais