Author Topic: Insurance Taking Ages  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Bob's mum

• Site Member
    • http://
Insurance Taking Ages
« on: June 18, 2005, 08:55:26 AM »
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this with M&S insurance?
I arranged it online over a week ago now, but haven't received any confirmation(post or email) that it has been accepted. Bob's free 6 week cover runs out this weekend, so I need to know he is covered ...
[size=8]Jo[/size][/font]xxxx

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Insurance Taking Ages
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 09:22:24 AM »
Took about a week here as well - give them a ring.

Mind its taken them two weeks and a follow-up call for them to send out a claim form :(
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Insurance Taking Ages
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 10:12:12 AM »
Hi Bobs mum, it took about three weeks for us, we did it online as well, but we had made a mistake with one of the digits on the plastic  :rolleyes:
They also need to get in touch with your vet. Might be worth ringing them to check if they have.  :)
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Bob's mum

• Site Member
Insurance Taking Ages
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 01:15:27 PM »
Thanks for the help. I was beginning to think I had closed the M&S site without completing the form. Will contact them.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Insurance Taking Ages
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 02:47:18 PM »
It took a couple of weeks for the documents to come through for Vegas & Dallas. However, it took about 2 months for Disney's to come through :o  In all fairness though, they did backdate it to the date of application. I've just submitted my first claim to them so it'll be interesting to see how long that takes ;)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Insurance Taking Ages
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 04:59:13 PM »
I'm interested to hear how satisfied people are with M & S recently - we avoided using them, despite really good recommendations, cos HSBC had just taken them over when we were looking........it'd be a shame if the new "owners" allow its service to deteriorate  <_<
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Insurance Taking Ages
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 08:15:47 PM »
Hi

We have made 2 claims on M&S since insuring Jessie with them (around October last year).

I can't complain as a cheque for the full amount (no excess you see) was with me less than 3 weeks from dropping the form off with the vet to fill intheir bits.

They were a bit slow when we applied, took around a month for it to be fully sorted but they did back date it though.

No complaints at all and happy we are with them!  :)

Cheers

Jane

Offline Bob's mum

• Site Member
Insurance Taking Ages
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 09:26:33 PM »
Thanks for all the help and advice. The insurance arrived today. We have managed to get it for £10.65 a month with no excess and all the usual M&S insurance things. They have even sent out a claim form ready to use....... hope that isn't tempting fate!!!!!!!