Author Topic: Pet Insurance Renewal  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Pete and Jo

• Site Member
    • http://
Pet Insurance Renewal
« on: January 12, 2006, 08:50:29 AM »
We have just got our pet insurance renewal notice in from More Than and not only have they put the premium up from £10.99 per month to £12.99 per month, but they have increased the excess to £55 per claim and reduced the age at which they pay out if Jarvis dies, down to a maximum of 9 years old.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it time for me to change already, after only one year??

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Pet Insurance Renewal
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:55:42 AM »
i am with the kc.it's a rip off,paddy is 7 months and we pay 21 pounds a month and the first 50 pounds plus 10% of total claim.i am going to change to m&s as they would charge 13 or 14 pounds with no excess.i think most on here are now changing to m&s they seem to be the best value for money.

Offline Pete and Jo

• Site Member
Pet Insurance Renewal
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 08:57:18 AM »
Think I'll have a browse now at M&S.

Offline sarahb2206

• Site Member
Pet Insurance Renewal
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 09:22:47 AM »
We have M&S - it came very highly recommended.  We pay £10.65 per month with NO excess.....
Sarah and Bramble XX

Offline CHARLIE-BROWN

• Site Member
Pet Insurance Renewal
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 09:33:19 AM »
yeah we have m & s too for charlie and our 2 cats - its around £5 a month for the cats and £9.60 a month for charlie - with no excess definately the best ive found
Rachel, Charlie & Phoebe

Offline Pete and Jo

• Site Member
Pet Insurance Renewal
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 09:54:28 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I've been on line and it came out at about £10 a month with no excess so we'll be changing when More Than expires.

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Pet Insurance Renewal
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 09:56:40 AM »
If you are paying more then monthly you can cancel it at anytime - could save a fair amount
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Pet Insurance Renewal
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 01:00:34 PM »
If you are paying more then monthly you can cancel it at anytime - could save a fair amount
[snapback]174677[/snapback]
Unless you've made a claim  :o They get really stroppy if you don't pay the full annual premium then  :rolleyes:

Direct Line did the same to us - changed the Terms of Insurance, and up'ed the premium after the first year.....so I went to M & S too   :)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline BigJim&Kate

• Site Member
    • NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
Pet Insurance Renewal
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 01:31:32 PM »
Kate got "persuaded" into buying Pet Plan at our Vets. Since it was on the list of things to do she didnt really think about it. (Good Sales vet)

When we compared cover, excess's and monthly prices we cancelled it in the 14 days cooling off time and went to M&S.
Jim, Kate, Bails, Millie & Gypsy Working for
NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
NESSR / NECSR Cocker Rehoming Co-ordinator

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
Pet Insurance Renewal
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 06:46:42 PM »
I looked at m&s but as we've already made a claim they will exclude pre-existing conditions - which is fair enough most companies do - except petplan - they apply a 2 year moritorium - so if you have 2 clear years the pre-existing condition is then included again - so we are going with pet plan
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline Marian

• Site Member
Pet Insurance Renewal
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 10:09:13 PM »
Try Marks and Spencers - I compared their policy to lots of others last year and they came out the best by far.

We have just got our pet insurance renewal notice in from More Than and not only have they put the premium up from £10.99 per month to £12.99 per month, but they have increased the excess to £55 per claim and reduced the age at which they pay out if Jarvis dies, down to a maximum of 9 years old.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it time for me to change already, after only one year??
[snapback]174653[/snapback]
[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f329/robinw48/dsc000685.jpg[IMG]