Author Topic: Pet Insurance  (Read 2619 times)

Offline lemoniee

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« on: February 23, 2006, 05:28:59 PM »
hi,
i was thinking of getting pet insurance for my cocker shes 10 this year and im thinking that shes gonna get clumsy as she gets older can anyone recommend a pet insurance or insurance plan  this would be great thanks
lemoniee

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Pet Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 05:34:57 PM »
The only company I can think of off the top of my head that would accept an older animal for a policy is More Than.  Most insurance compnaies will only accept new policies up to the age of 8 years in dogs but my old cocker was 10 years old when I moved his policy to More Than. They also offer lifetime cover which will be even more important in an older pet.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 05:38:40 PM »
Pad was older when I insured him, although I can't remember exactly what age he was when I first insured him - he was mature though, and it was Direct Line we used.

This was a few years ago, so perhaps things have changed since.

Offline SULKY MISS

• Site Member
  • Loki & Wispa
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 05:46:26 PM »
Try PET PLAN as I know they are a really good insurer, they cover the animal for LIFE, unlike others that only cover you  to the money runs out!!  I am with them and so is my mum as it's the only insurers that cover G.S.D's hip displacia!
I think that they are a bit expensive but well worth it! :blink:
If Your Dog Thinks You're The Best, Don't Seek A Second Opinion!!!!!!!

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 08:46:26 PM »
Try PET PLAN as I know they are a really good insurer, they cover the animal for LIFE, unlike others that only cover you  to the money runs out!!  I am with them and so is my mum as it's the only insurers that cover G.S.D's hip displacia!
I think that they are a bit expensive but well worth it! :blink:

Pet Plan also covr for 12 months - you have to read the small print. Pet Plan recently turned down a claim an old guy at work had, after him paying premiums for ten years, because ot was only a 12 month policy. In my experienc they aren't the top dog so to speak by any means.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline cherswansea2001

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 09:22:39 PM »
Im with halifax. They offer life long insurance and they have no maximum age limit. They also claim to have 5 star rated insurance.
My babies
Orange roan, Sally.
Blue roan, Lambert

http://cherswansea2001blog.blogspot.com/

Offline Uncon

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 11:06:59 PM »
I would recommend More than. The cover is excellant and they were certainly one of the most reasonable quotes I had. It was, however,  slightly disconcerting to be asked over the phone if I had trained my then nine week old to be an attack dog!