Author Topic: Paddy's in hospital...and a cautionary tale about insurance for new puppy owners  (Read 9748 times)

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Glad Paddy's so much better today Denise. :blink:

Here's hoping he continues to improve!! ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Jessie

• Site Member
Hi,

I have not been on COL for a while, so just catching up on this one.  Glad to hear Paddy is ok now - he is such a sweatie - I bet he has grown!!

I remember after my eldest Jess had 6 weeks free insurance and then  I moved to Petplan, because she had been to the vet twice they stuck some exclusions on her. Stupid things like exclusion of any skin ailments because she had been stung by a bee!  It took me ages and a lot of pen-to-paper to have the exclusions removed.   For Mica, I ignored the 6 weeks free and went straight to petplan.  However, they are now sooo expensive I am thinking of moving to M&S.  Will they be as fussy as Petplan and exclude my two dogs of anything they have visited the vet for over their life??  Any experience of moving from one plan to M&S?

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
I moved Dallas from the KC to More Than to M&S :005: When we moved to M&S they excluded lip fold problems as I had bought Hibiscrub for work and put notes on his file to the effect of "routine cleaning of lip folds" ::) However, they lifted this exclusion at this years renewal - no idea why, it just wasn't listed anymore. So I took him in and had the op done ph34r Vegas has food intolerances so they excluded that (fair enough but it is controlled by diet so no vet treatment needed) but they didn't exclude a leg injury he had when he was younger :-\ I don't know how they decide what to exclude and what not to exclude but its worth giving it a go. You can cancel the policy within a certain number of days if you are not happy with it.

I didn't activate Aspens KC insurance either - just put him right onto M&S
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
Hi,

I have not been on COL for a while, so just catching up on this one.  Glad to hear Paddy is ok now - he is such a sweatie - I bet he has grown!!

Saddest part of looking at Paddy is that he hasn't grown or put on any weight in over five weeks, and his coat is getting very dull and rough looking, because he isn't absorbing any nutrients.  Even on the sensitivity diet and taking antacids and anti-biotics for inflammation, he's really not improving.  Very subdued, sad looking little dog: it's breaking my heart really.... :'( :'(

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
Poor little Paddy - hope he picks up soon, bless him. He sounds like a total star!  :luv:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
Oh Denise, I really feel for you.... please don't worry to much about little Pads.... (I know this is easier said than done...)
I really hope you can sort this one out and get him back to his bouncing happy self....
Such a shame about this setback, the Forthglade seemed to suit him so well :'(

:-* to you for all you are doing for him...

Petra

Offline Jessie

• Site Member
So Sorry to hear he is looking so unwell.  Do let us know how he gets on.  He is such a lovely pup!