Author Topic: The Good, the Bad and the UGLY!  (Read 2493 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
The Good, the Bad and the UGLY!
« on: November 30, 2007, 03:40:52 PM »
Well we had one of "those" walks today, ups and downs....

On the GOOD - met a couple with another cocker spaniel who stopped to chat (after being the second person we had met convinced that Louie belonged to a man who walks in the same place and obviously has a Louie double (heaven help him)), anyway turned out their 7 yr old also came from Wales and then found out Louie's dad belongs to their dogs breeder. Not bad considering that we live 100 miles away from the breeder - small world eh! So at least 2 Mollyflecks in Worcestershire.  :luv:

On the BAD - VERY VERY BAD - Louie refused to be caught at the car again. >:D

This is the third consecutive day that he has totally blanked me when its time to get lead back on.  I've called him back during walk and treated him as normal, I even tried a different walk today in hope he'd be less cocky, the little Bu**er was off across the car park, up a drive, and off towards the road before I caught him and only then because he found a boggy puddle full of horse muck to roll in  >:D

He has always been scatty but I've never had an issue getting him back albeit his recall might not be instant - do you think he knows he's booked into the V.E.T. ?

and the UGLY

yes, that horse muck filled puddle was right back near the car so we didn't have chance to loose it during the walk - so one ugly, smelly and disgraced dog came home looking like this; actually he doesn't look too bad in the photo, think must of it is still in the back of the car  :shades:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Heidi

• Site Member
Re: The Good, the Bad and the UGLY!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:59:49 PM »
 :005: Sorry to laugh, and I know I shouldn't, but he looks so guilty in the photo! :005: Actually, I really shouldn't laugh - a 5 month old mucky pup is bad enough, I dread having to deal with a bigger mucky spaniel in a few months time! ph34r

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 04:18:19 PM »
He has to justify his reputation though doesn't he?

He's gorgeous. But I am not offering to take im. I don't want that much here!!

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »
Oh my.. Louie certainly looks pleased with himself.  ph34r Great news about the other Mollyfleck as well.  :D

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 05:08:14 PM »
what a beautiful boy you are Louie :luv: :005: you can't possibly be cross with a face like that :shades:

Stephanie. George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »
I think you throw him in the muddy puddles in order to win photo competitions, and he is rebelling  :005:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 05:57:56 PM »
 :luv: Ah, he's lovely, if a tad muddy  :luv:

Just a thought - do you re-leash him each time that you recall him throughout the walk? I tend to pop leads on and off my two at random points and walk for a couple of minutes with the lead on before letting them off again - it's a great chance to do some heel work  :D

I also pop the lead on "for the last time" at different points before the car park/road; sometimes we might walk the last 10 minutes to the car on lead, another time I will leash them 10 minutes before and then let them off again before popping them on-lead two or three minutes before the car  ;)  Sometimes I leash one of them, sometimes both - it might be worth it to try and keep him guessing; he may not play up quite as much  :shades:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Cazzie

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 06:11:30 PM »
What a beautiful dog he is  :luv: :luv:

Offline magicflower

• Site Member
  • Ruby-doos!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 09:55:08 PM »
Louie is such a character!  :D

Tracey, Ruby and Boomer xx

Offline Anniesmum

• Site Member
  • not again!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 10:11:05 PM »
It must be a cocker thing - get the dirtiest, muddiest, wettist puddle and roll in it - he looks soo cute tho! :005:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 11:38:43 PM »
Just been to a concert with daughter and her friends were there (another cocker owner who we walk with) and it seems there dog has done exactly the same two or three times this week, and Bruce is usually a lot more obedient than my two.

Rachel, I did used to slip leads back on randomly but admit I have let it slip lately as we were lucky and no real issues, however it's going to be the ideal time to go back to some basics and taking them out individually next week as Lou will be lead only exercise for about 10 days and therefore I have no excuses. ph34r

Off to pet store with him tomorrow to see if I can find a toy or different treat that he might focus on.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 03:38:14 PM »
It must be a cocker thing - get the dirtiest, muddiest, wettist puddle and roll in it - he looks soo cute tho! :005:

It's not just that Paddy does this: it's the look of complete contentment and "Hey, Mum, how clever am I to have got past you and into this crappy boggy sludge-puddle?  I am HAPPY!" expression.  Little sod.  My revenge is that he looks like he's being "moidered" when he gets showered in nice warm clean water when he gets home.  HA!

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 05:33:36 PM »
Hehe look how clean Jasper looks in the background! :):)

Cheeky Louie :D:D

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 06:39:49 PM »
Well we had one of "those" walks today, ups and downs....

On the GOOD - met a couple with another cocker spaniel who stopped to chat (after being the second person we had met convinced that Louie belonged to a man who walks in the same place and obviously has a Louie double (heaven help him)), anyway turned out their 7 yr old also came from Wales and then found out Louie's dad belongs to their dogs breeder. Not bad considering that we live 100 miles away from the breeder - small world eh! So at least 2 Mollyflecks in Worcestershire.  :luv:

My Daisy is from Mollyfleck stock, her mum is Mollyfleck Sampson's Rosie.

That beautiful boy can't be that naughty :005:

Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 08:03:07 PM »
All I can say, from all the pics you've shown of him in the mud and muck is

glad he's not mine!   :lol: :luv:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne