Author Topic: Poo Rolling & Baths...  (Read 1620 times)

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« on: July 28, 2004, 04:41:04 PM »
What a traumatic day Jovi had yesterday...

Within 30 secs of letting Jovi off lead he did one of those doggy things that make perfect sense to them and we despair of as owners, he found an extremely fresh cow pat and rolled in it!!  :x  :x  Normally he likes a good chomp so I was already yelling NO when he went for the roll!!  

As Jovi is mainly white he was a sight to behold and smelt real bad.  I took the dogs via the river where I then proceeded to lift him in, much to his disgust as at 5 months he's not happy about water yet!  He could touch the bottom and but the water was up to his shoulders, he was moaning so pitifully, but I had to rinse the poo off!!  :(  Then Neo was in the river swimming and he got even more upset because he wanted to follow him but he kept making splashes by lifting his feet too high  :D  

When we got home he still stunk so there was no choice but to give him his first total bath.  This wasn't too bad, although I got soaked when he tried to get out several times! However, the poor little man is scared of the hairdryer  :roll:
I spent a good half an hour getting him to eat treats near the hairdryer on and off, getting him to eat them off the dryer, from in front of the dryer with it on!!! After about an hour I managed to get him dry without him trying to escape behind the taps (I had him up on the draining board).

The whole thing was made more comical by Neo who got so excited by the appearance of the towels and then whined at my feet because Jovi was getting treats and dried and he wasn't!!!  :roll:

I was ready for a large G&T after all that, but at least Jovi smells sweet and is all clean and fluffy (I even pulled out some of his head fluff whilst I'd got him still)!!!                    
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 04:45:04 PM »
POOH - I can smell him from here  :lol:  :lol:

What a shame that he's not a bath lover....I do have a wonderful image, of you, a wet Jovi, the hairdryer and Neo bouncing around at your feet, sorry, its made me giggle again  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 05:24:18 PM »
Oh poor you  :(  Hope the G & T helped - bet it was a large one :lol:  Fingers crossed you don't go out later and have to repeat the scenario all over again!!! :lol:  

We had a week of Brogan wanting to roll in the same place - I couldn't see anything there but could sure smell him afterwards!! :shock:  And what is the attraction with half rotting birds :evil:  Can't understand why they don't like a clean powdery smell like I do!!

Brogan is a very very light orange roan - I wonder why  Bailey is a very dark liver roan :idea:  The colour of a muddy puddle 8)                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 05:33:56 PM »
I think I prefer it when Neo rolls in dead things, it's not quite so messy...

The worst of the worst has got to be fox poo.. took several washes and days for that to clear when Neo last did that!  I kept washing him and as he dried the smell would him me and I'd start to retch  :(                    
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 05:44:51 PM »
The worst of the worst has got to be fox poo.. took several washes and days for that to clear when Neo last did that!  I kept washing him and as he dried the smell would him me and I'd start to retch  :(

I have been told to use tomato ketchup to get rid of this - haven't tried it yet but was assured that it works :?:  Wonder if I would end up with a pink dog :lol:                    
Laura x

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 12:07:56 AM »

I have been told to use tomato ketchup to get rid of this - haven't tried it yet but was assured that it works :?:  Wonder if I would end up with a pink dog :lol:

Yes it really does work & no you won't get a pink dog - our Lily (black & white) freqently gets the tomato ketchup treatment & it all rinses off with warm water :)

Jane                    
Jane

Offline gc

• Site Member
    • http://
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 09:24:09 AM »

..... he found an extremely fresh cow pat and rolled in it!!  :x  :x  Normally he likes a good chomp so I was already yelling NO when he went for the roll!!  

Balu used to do that sometimes on dogs, even on cats poos... I was always wondering, why do they do that? Anyone knows?                    
George.
The truth is out there..... and a cocker can easily find it ;-)

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 09:59:30 AM »

Yes it really does work & no you won't get a pink dog - our Lily (black & white) freqently gets the tomato ketchup treatment & it all rinses off with warm water :)

Jane

Thank you for confirming that Jane :D  Hopefully won't need to use it :!:  Do you put it on after shampooing or before?                    
Laura x

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 10:01:31 AM »
Do you think it's the vinegar in tomato ketchup that neutralises the smell??  Wondered if white vinegar might do the trick too??!

George, I think the reason they roll in poo etc. is from when they were wild, and had to mask their smell so that they could get closer to their prey when hunting, at least this is the only reasonable explanation I can think of for doing it!  :D                    
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 10:02:02 AM »

Thank you for confirming that Jane :D  Hopefully won't need to use it :!:  Do you put it on after shampooing or before?

Before, although I don't necessarily always need to shampoo afterwards :)

Jane                    
Jane

Offline gc

• Site Member
    • http://
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 10:08:47 AM »
George, I think the reason they roll in poo etc. is from when they were wild, and had to mask their smell so that they could get closer to their prey when hunting, at least this is the only reasonable explanation I can think of for doing it!  :D

aha... it makes sense...                    
George.
The truth is out there..... and a cocker can easily find it ;-)

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Poo Rolling & Baths...
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 10:24:38 AM »
Thanks for the tip about ketchup and fox poo.

Havent had Lottie roll in any..yet :D ....but Goldie is always finding some :roll:

The strange thing is that Goldie adores water when we are out to swim in, but isn't too keen on baths. I think she gets upset that I am washing off her nice, smelly poo :shock:

The smell of that fox poo really lingers :shock: ...so will try this tip next time.