Author Topic: Leather Seats?!  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Shazza

• Site Member
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004, 11:37:40 AM »
the one problem we do have is with the cats claws at the edge of the sofa where they try to get our attention

I've been thinking about leather sofas but not sure how the pets would be, 5 cats and 1 cocker.  What are the cats like with it?  Looks like cockers are ok.

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2004, 12:28:10 PM »
 :lol2:
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2004, 02:10:58 PM »
We have a suite in leather as well and all the dogs are allowed in the furniture. You can't see that the dogs have been there´. the only marks on the sofa is made by our cat, who  tried to sharpen her claws in it.  :angry:

When we are going to get new furniture, we're going for leather again as all our dogs live in the house, and I cannot dare to think what our furniture would look like if it was made of something else than leather.  
Coruscant cockers and newfies
with homepage, now also in English.....

lynseyloo

Leather Seats?!
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2004, 02:15:06 PM »
Oooo you'll love mine then Lynsey, it is lovely soft leather with feather filling so it always has that lived in look 

only just seen this sorry Maria, yes I love that look, so I am not worried about the kids etc jumping on it, after all kid have to be kids.. and I let my dogs up on the settees aswell, I just cant say no, they love to sit and watch a film or something with us..  :rolleyes: and ever since I can remember the dogs have been allowed in our family so its not something I would stop  ;)  plus..  I kinda like a cuddle with them whilst watching the tv, and if its cold jessie makes a lovely hot water bottle.  :P  

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2004, 09:08:31 PM »
Cream leather 3 piece here too, 4 cockers and 4 kids, it still looks as good as new!

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2004, 09:53:47 PM »
Yep, I have a deep wine coloured leather suite and Jess and Jimmy are both on it.
I found these amazing leather furniture wipes in Wilkinson, they clean it and bring it up llike new every time..  and they smell absolutely gorgeous, they feed the leather and keep it soft and supple. :D

Leather every time for me, just like wood floor and tiles, much more hygienic with dog hairs etc :D  :D

Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2004, 10:06:38 PM »
X
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2004, 09:02:46 AM »
Oooo!!! i might try them cloths, the cream weve been using is expensive.  B)  When we were looking for a leather suite years ago we were told that  some shops use split leather.  :huh:
We got a scottish leather one, its still as good as new after nine years.  :D  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2004, 09:10:01 AM »
Those wipes were on offer last week in my Wilkos so bought about twenty packets...... should keep me going for a while :D  :D  
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Allison

• Site Member
    • http://
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2004, 09:14:44 AM »
My friend as a furniture shop and recommends a little bit of DREFT in water once a week keeps the leather clean and smelling nice.
 ;)  We also have a leather suite and Sally as her own spot on it!!!!!!!!! No problems  
Allison, Neil & Sally.xxxxxxxxxx

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2004, 09:34:24 AM »
Thanks guys - guess I can relax a bit then. Vahri doesn't seem to like the feel of the leather but Ruffy is doesn't mind it.

Ours is black leather by the way - biggest down fall is the dust that shows on it  :rolleyes:. House proud that's me !!!! NOT  :lol:  

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2004, 11:56:10 AM »
Those wipes were on offer last week in my Wilkos so bought about twenty packets...... should keep me going for a while :D  :D
Well i just got mine as well   two packs for £ 1 79  :D  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Leather Seats?!
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2004, 12:15:48 PM »
Just read this and I was thinking about a leather suite too :D   Will definitely go get one now.  At the moment I have a cream coloured fabric.  Stupid, I know but I got it before I got the girls.  I have a cover for the suite and then I have a cover for the cover!! :blink:   :blink:      
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

lynseyloo

Leather Seats?!
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2004, 02:49:56 PM »
I have a cover for the suite and then I have a cover for the cover!!   
  :lol:  :lol:  this made me laugh..  ;)