Author Topic: National Gundog  (Read 4125 times)

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
Re: National Gundog
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2011, 08:49:06 PM »
Been pricing Pimms up in the supermarket today! Sister thought it was hilarious! This could be a regular thing Jenny  :005: :luv:
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 09:10:07 PM »
Next time we'll be taking our own then!  Lemonade and the trimmings at the ready (we could start a little side line selling to our fellow competitors)  :005:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline trishaf

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 09:13:20 PM »
Sounds Goooood to me

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »
Sounds Goooood to me

Your in!  Right so next show is where?

Offline seaangler

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 12:37:55 PM »
I was also comeing to the show yesterday...(Wife out al day so at to have dogs)....But i was trying to ring Chris Bexon to see if i could bring my own dogs along to the show but his phone just rang and rang ..No point in comeing 60 miles just to be told dogs are not allowed in....Chris

No unentered dogs are now allowed to attend KC licensed shows - it's a KC rule not the fault of any particular show. Some bigger shows have tents outside where volunteers look after unentered dogs but not sure if National Gundog is one of those.

PS You wouldn't have been able to contact the Show Secretary as most will be on the showground the day before the show setting things up.

I rang the show ground two days befor hand and they said i could take my dogs along..To make sure they gave me Chris Bexons number..but like i said it rang and rang...

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 01:27:19 PM »
Hi Chris, sorry I didn't see your post in time to answer to go to the show.  

It would be very unusual to be able to take unentered dogs to a show like this.  Usually we have passes sent to us before an event which allow us not only to go in, but also a release to remove the dogs from the showground.  National Gundog is the exception with the passes but there was no tent to leave dogs in either.

There is a tent at City of Birmingham at Stonleigh at the beginning of September if you want to make enquiries but probably not what you are looking for as the dogs won't be allowed into the actual show to mooch with you.  You could ask about benching at one of the shows as an unentered dog but it makes an expensive day out just to mooch  :-\

Offline seaangler

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 01:45:53 PM »
Thank you for your replies..Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »
Wow! What a lovely day for everyone. Really enjoyed the stewarding and handing so many cards to everyone on here. Sue always says that I'm her lucky steward so perhaps I did the same for everyone today! The dog paper is firmly in our paper rack in the living room. Got to nip out tomorrow, watch the buggers finish it off while I'm away! Wendy, I luuuuv Travis, he makes me laugh so much and he did you proud today!  :luv:

You can steward any class we're in in the future Jen, you and Coral did a good job :clapping:

Glad I was able to introduce you to Pimms too for our celebration of 2 more getting stud book numbers  :-*

After the judging Sarah  ;)  Jen and I had a little celebration of us both having our babies getting their stud book numbers at recent shows  :D

Thanks guys. You sure did a fab job stewarding. Introducing you to Pimms!!  :o :o  :shades: :005:

I had a Pimms to celebrate too.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 04:32:54 PM »
I rang the show ground two days befor hand and they said i could take my dogs along..To make sure they gave me Chris Bexons number..but like i said it rang and rang...

Oh dear they gave you duff info then. Unfortunately showground people don't necessarily know KC rules & regs - they just hire out the venue for shows & numerous other events.
Jane

Offline Sandie

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »
I had a lovely day here too, its been years since i posted on this forum i bet people have forgotten who i am.

My little girl is Sanmargra Angel Fair also know as the lovely Vicky. She won the puppy bitch class today in strong company!

Congratulations to all who did well at this show, some of you i know already and others i look forward to  meeting and chatting with you soon.

Sandie xx

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
Hopefully you can see some of the photos here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150269436864507.345759.807904506&l=bcb4639c10&type=1

I've made them visable to everyone so hope you can see them even if you are not on Facebook!

Offline loppylugs

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 01:03:49 AM »
Jenny & Jenny.Wish i could of had a pimms with  you,but had to get food from my friends car which was in the other car park.Maybe at Welsh KC? :D

you havent lived till you,ve owned a cocker

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 08:25:37 AM »
Great pics Jenny, love the ones of Charlie hugging Meg :luv: :luv: :luv:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Meggie

• Site Member
  • Winning The Gundog JHA Semi-Finals 2011
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 01:32:30 PM »

honestly he only does that when we have done our bit in the ring (even if we are last in the line and i'm trying to get him stood)!!! He never does it at home!!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 03:49:58 PM »

honestly he only does that when we have done our bit in the ring (even if we are last in the line and i'm trying to get him stood)!!! He never does it at home!!

No - but he's got me at home LOL