Author Topic: Insurance (again !)  (Read 2673 times)

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
Insurance (again !)
« on: December 21, 2006, 04:02:20 PM »
My M&S policy is due.  Despite making no claims my policy has gone up by 60% and my excess has also increased - I am aware of the previous threads regarding this.

Have been looking around and have found comparable cover with Healthy-pets (gold option) Does anybody have any experience of them, good or bad  ph34r 

Inicidentally the policy is underwritten by AXA which is the same as M&S - so as to why there increases only apply to M&S policies is quite unclear !

Happydog thanks for the pm ;)

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
Re: Insurance (again !)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 04:04:55 PM »
In the end I just went directly with AXA as they seemed to give me all the covber I needed at the best price. Hope I made the right choice.  ::).
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 07:24:38 PM »
Ive done the crufts insurance! Only just started it it all sounded ok over the phone as I felt the KC one was too expensive but untill I get the paperwork I cant be sure! Knowing my luck it will be useless and ill have to look around again! Oh well ho hum !!!!!
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 07:54:26 PM »
My M&S policy is due.  Despite making no claims my policy has gone up by 60% and my excess has also increased - I am aware of the previous threads regarding this.

Have been looking around and have found comparable cover with Healthy-pets (gold option) Does anybody have any experience of them, good or bad  ph34r 

Inicidentally the policy is underwritten by AXA which is the same as M&S - so as to why there increases only apply to M&S policies is quite unclear !

Happydog thanks for the pm ;)

I'm with healthy pets and I've been really pleased with them  ;)  Ben is only 17 months but I have just put in my second claim.  The first was paid without question so hopefully this one will too!

The premium for the gold cover is £5.65 and the cover is excellent as far as I can tell.

Offline rocky

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 11:18:42 PM »
Im also with healthy pets and when I put a claim in a few months ago they were excellent paid straight away no questions asked.

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 08:39:52 AM »
Same here - we have all 5 dogs with them and have had to claim for two - one with a longer term condition.  They have been helpful and really quick to send out forms and pay out - have not needed to chase once.  Have only just had the renewal for Miah and despite her condition and claims so far the premium is really reasonable and competitive still

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 08:50:35 AM »

The biggest difference seems to be the excess; at £50, I suspect many Healthy Pets policy holders aren't eligible to claim for minor treatments, whereas M & S offer a non excess and low excess option; which will mean that the risk to them to pay-out increases iyswim  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 10:01:12 AM »
Well applied for my cover late last night & sent them an e mail at the same time - first thing this morning I had a response.  Very impressed so far  ;)

Rachel - I originally elected for a £nil excess with M&S but they have increased it to £50 !  madness.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 10:22:51 AM »
Rachel - I originally elected for a £nil excess with M&S but they have increased it to £50 !  madness.

Oo; weird - the excess didn't change on our policy, even though it went up; but I did read on DP that there were some "typing errors" on some of the policy renewals.... ::)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 12:50:13 PM »
I transferred to Healthy Pets in Jan and claimed in Feb for Pepsi's lip fold op and they paid up really quickly.  :D