Author Topic: I'm New  (Read 3225 times)

Offline whatacracker

• Site Member
    • http://
I'm New
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2005, 10:55:10 AM »
Hi Issey,  Im new to this to  :)  Picking up my cocker today she is 5 months old and is a Gold, she doesn't really have a name yet so will let you know what we call her soon!  :)  Good luck with the puppy what kind of cocker is it and which colour did you go for (i didin't realise there were so many!!)
[snapback]132815[/snapback]

Hi, hopefully yours will be house trained.

Ours is a black bitch we are calling Issey, she's beautiful as no doubt urs is too,
be interested to see how you get on.
Let me know what you are going to name her
love
karen :)
[snapback]132821[/snapback]
I wish she was house trained but the breeder i got her form has told me that wasnt as she had run her on with 2 other bitches and was very hard to train them together as she never really knew which one had done what!!   ;)   So i still have all that to look forwards to except she only needs 3 feeds a day and can be exercised right away as all her jabs have been done already ,we are getting her at lunch time and we are all so excited my partner said i'm worse than the boys!!  :D
[snapback]132823[/snapback]
oh let me know how you get on , cant wait to hear.
we're really excited , my two kids 13 and 8 cant wait too.
have you got a crate for her or a normal bed?
we dont know what to do about crate
luv karen :)
[snapback]132826[/snapback]
I have a crate for the car and a large one for the house as this is what they are used to and if you listen to those in the know they are much easier to train etc i will only be closing the door of it untill she knows where she is ie when i open the frontdoor or im in the bath!! or adsa! ;) hate the weekly shopping trip! that way she wont get herself into trouble by chewing anything she shouldn't etc.  I was told by the breeder who she is coming from and they have been showing and breeding for over 40yrs that never use it as a punishment, when i went to see her and her dogs the cage door was open but the dog was more than happy curled up on her blanket like a cot for a baby i guess its safety zone! :)

Offline correna

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 03:04:36 PM »
HI, where are you getting your puppies from only although I live in Bristol I am going back to the same breeder that I had Bailey from, she lives in Stoke on trent.... maybe they are from the same litter, as hers are all black, Harvey (my new one) is the biggest of the litter whereas Bailey last yr was the runt

Keep in touch
Correna
Correna & Bailey

Offline Annette

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 03:09:26 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL

We have Buddy, a blue roan who is nearly 6 months old.

Offline whatacracker

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 05:52:05 PM »
Afternoon everyone!  Have spent the last few hours watching our new friend explore her new surroundings! :)  We have named her Dolce well my son did he wanted to call her something sweet and liked Dolly how ever on telling us that and i quote "she looks like a little doll see! hence Dolce, She is very shy as she isnt used to lots of people only really her breeder so i think it will take a little while for her to really show us her true personality when we may start calling her monster!!! :lol: Dolce still has alot of her puppy coat and im taking her back to the breeder in two weeks for them to show me the correct way to use all the grooming tools as soon as she comes out from behind the sofa!!  :D  i will get some pics!!

Offline whatacracker

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 05:54:23 PM »
Hi Correna, mine is coming from Kent not far from Bromley When are you getting your new pup :)

Offline issey

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2005, 07:26:18 PM »
Afternoon everyone!  Have spent the last few hours watching our new friend explore her new surroundings! :)  We have named her Dolce well my son did he wanted to call her something sweet and liked Dolly how ever on telling us that and i quote "she looks like a little doll see! hence Dolce, She is very shy as she isnt used to lots of people only really her breeder so i think it will take a little while for her to really show us her true personality when we may start calling her monster!!! :lol: Dolce still has alot of her puppy coat and im taking her back to the breeder in two weeks for them to show me the correct way to use all the grooming tools as soon as she comes out from behind the sofa!!  :D  i will get some pics!!
[snapback]132855[/snapback]
hi, glad to hear you've got Dolce(lovely name).
I think that Issey the bitch we are getting on 3 July is Corennas dog (Harvey's) sister, just waiting for her to confirm it, it'll be dead good if she is.
Anyway have loads of fun with Dolce and let me know about her first night with you
love karen :)
love Karen xxxxxx and Issey xxxxxxxxxx

Offline correna

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2005, 07:46:34 PM »
HI, yes Harvey is Issey's sister.... how exciting!!

will have to arrange a meet up!    :D
Correna & Bailey

Offline Gill66

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2005, 07:58:21 PM »
Hi there, we have only had our pup Ruben for exactly 7 days, i would advise to read thru all the posts like i did to prepare yourself and never be afraid to ask the others no matter how silly the question may seem to you (i do..lol)
SHANE.....WHAT A WINNER!!!![/font]

Offline issey

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2005, 08:14:02 PM »
Hi there, we have only had our pup Ruben for exactly 7 days, i would advise to read thru all the posts like i did to prepare yourself and never be afraid to ask the others no matter how silly the question may seem to you (i do..lol)
[snapback]132876[/snapback]
hi,how is Ruben?
(great name)

i am reading as much as i can, have you got a bed or a crate for him?
 :) karen x
love Karen xxxxxx and Issey xxxxxxxxxx

Offline whatacracker

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2005, 08:35:32 PM »
[snapback]132876[/snapback]
Hi Gill, how old is Ruben and what colour? Dolce is Gold or red as i think some people call them she is very funny, at first she hid behind the sofa but about 20mins ago she went on a mad one!! :lol:  Skidding round the living room floor ( waxed Floor boards) she went flying she loved i dont think she will take long to settle in at all we are so pleased with her, right now she is sleeping in her crate which she went in by herself and the door is open so that changes my opinion of them completely! :) I was lead to believe they were cruel , but she seems very happy and is sound asleep in her house! Also the children know that when she goes in there they do not touch her which is a good idea that way she will get all the rest she needs x B)

Offline whatacracker

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2005, 08:38:14 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL

We have Buddy, a blue roan who is nearly 6 months old.
[snapback]132833[/snapback]
hi there , hope you dont mind me asking but is he your first cocker spaniel and how easy do you find the grooming?

Offline sarahb2206

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2005, 08:48:01 PM »
Hello!!!!!    Seems there are two or three of you here - so welcome all of you!!!!    I have a beautiful solid black bitch called Bramble - she's five months old and perhaps the sweetest natured cocker on the planet!!!! (but them I'm biased!!!)  :rolleyes:

Perhaps the main advice I can give is 1) get some sleep before issey arrives,   2)  Give the house a good clean, look at it and then file it in the back of your mind under "in my dreams"  because your house will never be clean, neat and tidy for a very, very long time - not because your puppy will trash the house - because you will be too busy playing to do the housework!!!!!!!!!!!   :lol:  :lol:
and 3)  if you are at all worried about anything - just ask us!!

Good luck!!

Sarah and Bramble XX

Offline whatacracker

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2005, 08:51:27 PM »
Hello!!!!!    Seems there are two or three of you here - so welcome all of you!!!!    I have a beautiful solid black bitch called Bramble - she's five months old and perhaps the sweetest natured cocker on the planet!!!! (but them I'm biased!!!)  :rolleyes:

Perhaps the main advice I can give is 1) get some sleep before issey arrives,   2)  Give the house a good clean, look at it and then file it in the back of your mind under "in my dreams"  because your house will never be clean, neat and tidy for a very, very long time - not because your puppy will trash the house - because you will be too busy playing to do the housework!!!!!!!!!!!   :lol:  :lol:
and 3)  if you are at all worried about anything - just ask us!!

Good luck!!
[snapback]132895[/snapback]
hi ya, I know exaclty what you mean ! we were all so busy playing with Dolce who is also 5months ( we got her today) that i forgot to turn off the oven therefore burning the beef so we are about to eat a take away!! :lol:  :lol:

Offline Gill66

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2005, 11:14:24 PM »
Hi there, i got a crate from the start, my breeder recommended it and also after browsing the forum that seemed the best thing to do. I must say the first few nights were a bit of trouble as he cried for a couple of hours at a time, like i say we brought him home last Sunday and it was Friday that he slept thru from us putting him to bed (with door closed), tonight he went in straight away when i said 'night night'. we do however have a little soft bed we keep in the lounge for him to have a space during the day. When we first brought him home we put a soft toy, old towel (of his mums), a wrapped up hot water bottle in the crate a ticking clock outside the crate and left the radio on low. however we have found he just prefers his blanket now, did not like the toys etc in crate with him. I would advise you to take a blanket and/or soft toy to the breeder a week before you collect her so they can get the scent
SHANE.....WHAT A WINNER!!!![/font]

Offline Jo & Dennis

• Site Member
I'm New
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2005, 12:47:15 PM »
Hi & Welcome

We have a solid red girl who was born on Christmas day hence her name Holly, she is an absolute delight and we love her to bits.

When I was looking I found this forum and all of the people on here really helpful and informative.

I took all the advice and info on board it can be hard work in the beginning but you must stick to your guns - we did and now we have the most beautiful girl and so well behaved ( well most of the time!!!).

We did, on others advice get Gwen Bailey's 'the perfect puppy' - a must. and a crate, i wasn't sure about a crate at first but thank goodness we did for so many reasons. Holly loves it and it is her 'little domain' also when they are tiny if you have something to do you can pop them in the crate and you know with confidence that they are safe, say if someone comes to the door you know they cannot come to any harm or escape - a god send so much so we bought a smaller one for the car.

Just never, never be affraid to ask you will always get help from the more experienced folk on here.

Hope you really enjoy your puppy they grow up so fast just like children - keep us posted and cannot wait to see some photo's

Jo
Holly's Mum & Dad