Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Millies mum

• Site Member
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 10:24:33 PM »
:D Hi and welcome

I remember when we were naming Millie. It was a nightmare and fun all rolled into one :rolleyes: we couldn't decide on a name that the whole family were happy with. At one point she was going to be Mollie, but when we bought her home that name just didnt suit. So she became Millie :D

I really like the name Sherbert, shame the rest of your family aren't so keen. Tilly, Polly and Amber are lovely names too. Good luck with choosing :D

Enjoy your bundle of fun and can't wait to see some pics :D

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2005, 03:49:18 PM »
:D hiya and welcome to col,  What about Olivia? or Bramble? Holly? But i must admit i do like Tilly its a traditional name, also what about Polly or Lottie?  Sorry cant think of anymore. Hope you enjoy the site. :P
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Acorah

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2005, 06:11:43 PM »
I always liked Kandy, But thats my choice  :D

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2005, 07:42:11 PM »
Welcome to COL Tilly, cant wait to see you little one  ;) Don't think I've ever seen a lemon cocker.

How about Primrose  ;) xxxxxxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline tilly

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2005, 01:50:31 PM »
Thank you all for your help with names, I think we've decided between either Tilly or Pippa, we are going to wait to get her home and see which suits her the best

Offline Jessie

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 04:26:12 PM »
Hi

Immediately thought of Ginny - as in Gin with a bit of lemon!

Offline Enelya

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 10:57:16 AM »
HI there!!!

welcome to CoL!!! I am getting my pup in 3 weeks ( a black boy called Maddox ) but i thought i was going to go blind going thru endless lists of names online... but then i saw this one and i just knew.

At first i thought i was going to have a little bitch so here are the list of names i was considering, maybe you'll find one that suits everyone in your home!

Best of luck with puppydom & i'll let you know how it goes too!!!

SUZE / MAE / ROXY / LEXI / NAOMI ( I'm rather fond of short names)but if you still haevit in you, type "pet names" in google and you'll come thru to a huge list of websites, you can't fail to find a name you like there

See ya!!

E.

Love, E.

Maddox's Momma, living in Manchester

Offline Ema

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 04:12:42 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL. I like the name Macy, it's hard choosing the name it took ages for myself and my boyfriend to choose the name Wesley for our little golden cocker, its strange how they actually suit their names too.

:) Ema and Wesley.

Offline tilly

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2005, 04:52:52 PM »
Just an update on my baby as I'm  sooo excited, we rang the breeder last night just to check on her and find out how she is doing and what food she is on etc.

She has a lemon ear and tail and lemon dots on her back, when we went to see her at 4 weeks on she didn't have that many lemon markings but apparently she has quite a few now.  The breeder said that he could of sold her 100 times over and that all the other people who bought the pups wanted her.  I'm sooo glad we got in there early.  

He also said she loves lots of cuddles and is always wanting cuddling.  She is going to fit in our lives perfectly I'm sooo excited next weekend and she'll be all ours

Offline isla

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2005, 04:55:40 PM »
It is so hard picking a name. All the names I liked were boy names although I had decided to call her Cosmo as that my favourite drink. Sad I know!! We went to see her on the Monday and picked her up on the Friday. One of my first thoughts on the way home on the Monday was she doesn't look like a Cosmo. OH said "isn't she a little gem" which gave us the idea for Jem which is a character in one of my favourite books!

Best waiting till you see her as she may not look or act like the name you have chosen!!

Offline tilly

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2005, 12:05:13 PM »
Well we brought her home yesterday and she is a little angel, she has bonded with us all so quickly, a few little accidents in the house but only weeing.  We put her in her cage last night and she started to whimper, so I thought here we go we'll be up all night, but after 5 minutes she was a good as gold and we had no problems with her.

Any suggestion of little treats I can buy so that when she goes into the garden to do her business we can give her

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2005, 12:49:47 PM »
Bet you are so excited at having her home :)

personally i wouldnt give food treats for going to the loo in the garden. Lots of really ott praise should suffice against not saying a word nor making a fuss when theres an accident in the house. She will soon learn
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2005, 01:38:52 PM »
personally i wouldnt give food treats for going to the loo in the garden. Lots of really ott praise should suffice against not saying a word nor making a fuss when theres an accident in the house. She will soon learn
[snapback]143442[/snapback]

I would agree.  

Glad youre first night went OK.  :) Have fun!  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline tilly

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2005, 11:27:23 AM »
Forget the little angel bit, well not really as she is beautiful, but she is a handful, starting to have second thoughts have we really done the right thing by getting a puppy, I know they say it gets easier, but really does it.  I really need some reassurance.   HELP!!!!!

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2005, 01:15:03 PM »
I think most people have a fit of nerves in the first few weeks, I know when we had our first the lack of sleep turned me inot emotional wreck, but it does get better, lots of patience and little training sessions.  Are you having a problem with anything specific  ?  Theres lots of info on here under puppies or behaviour, then you start to realise your not on your own.
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino