Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4392 times)

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Hello
« on: January 10, 2004, 01:06:50 PM »
Hi everyone

I've just been browsing this site, after being told of it by friends, and thought i'd give it ago.  Just please bear with me though as i'm not very computer literate.   :?

I've been fortunate enough to have been owned by this breed for the last 12 years and am currently bossed by Lace, 12yr light blue, Jessica, 4 yr blue, Laney, 3 yr blue and Sasha, 6 yr Welsh Springer  :D

Laney's hopefully pregnant, fingers crossed! So i'm hoping to be able to pick some brains soon when i'm having the mad panics :!:

Look forward to speaking to you all

Torie                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 01:44:12 PM »
Hi Torie and welcome to the forum. :)

Owning four dogs must keep you on your toes, I find two a struggle at times. :lol:

How do you find your Welsh Springer compares to the Cockers ? Before getting Jimmy I'd narrowed my options to Cockers or Welshies, Cockers being easier to come across clinching the decision. I've since read on here that Welshies are actually madder and harder to train than Cockers ! :lol:  Have you found this ?

Good luck with the planned litter. :D

Colin                    

Offline Tori

Hello
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 02:48:09 PM »
Hi Colin

Thanks for the welcome :)

Your right 4 does keep me on my toes but i'm very lucky in where i live and they are often up the sea wall running and swimming, and to be quite honest couldn't imagine life without them.

This is going to sound odd, but Welshies are very simular but different to cockers at the same time, both very loving but yes the welshie is alittle madder.  To be honest i have found that the welsh is actually easier to train.  I'm not sure but maybe its because they aredual purpose that makes them more responsive, but they are very vocal, not just barking but the talk to you with moans aswell :D

On a personal note, did you get your blue roan, I think this is Misty from Louise in Norfolk :?:  As she is a good friend of mine and i trim her puppy for shows

Torie                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Hello
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 03:11:16 PM »
Welcome aboard - nice to "see" you here Torie :)

Jane & the Shenmore gang                    
Jane

Offline Tori

Hello
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 03:26:30 PM »
Hi Jane :D

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks to you and Andrew for the other weekend, will keep you posted re Laney.  Arran's a true gentleman

Torie                    
Tori & Co x

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Hello
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2004, 03:45:12 PM »
Hi Torie,

Welcome to COL. I have 3 boys - Brook(gold) is 11 1/2 yrs, Vegas(orange roan) is 19 months and Dallas(black) is 14 months. They keep me busy but obviously not busy enough as I'm planning no 4 :wink:  :roll: I'll be keeping everything crossed for Laney and that you will soon be hearing the patter of lots of tiny paws :D

Hope you enjoy the site

Gill                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Hello
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2004, 05:08:47 PM »
Hi Torie

And welcome to COL.

I'm owned by three Cockers - Sebastian (Orange Roan) 6 1/2, Bart (Light Blue Roan) 4 1/2 and Douglas (Steel Blue Roan) 2 and a bit  :lol:  I'm working on no 4 but have to convince the other half first  :wink:

All the best with the forthcoming litter.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Hello
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2004, 05:09:16 PM »
Welcome aboard Torie  :D  

I'm owned by a cocker and an English springer, but in my house the cocker is definitely madder whereas my springer is relatively calm and collected - not typical, I know  :lol:

ps Gill, will you ever stop  :lol:                    

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Hello
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2004, 06:44:56 PM »
Hi Torie

Welcome to the forum.  I used to have a Welsh Springer too he was called Barney. I know what you mean about them being vocal!  He was very responsive to training and I would say much less willful than my cockers.   :)

I now have two cockers, Georgia 9 months solid chocolate and Candy 17 months solid black.

I find it hard sometimes with two so I have the utmost respect for you with 4!!

Loraine                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Hello
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2004, 07:25:42 PM »
Hi and welcome Torie...

I have a 16month old Liver Roan bitch called Buttons....and we all adore her  :D  Hope you find the site helpful....and look forward to hearing about your puppy news  :wink:

Gilly                    

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2004, 07:26:14 PM »
Hi Torie,

Great to see you on COL. Good luck with the pups, when are they due?                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
Hello
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2004, 07:46:41 PM »

On a personal note, did you get your blue roan, I think this is Misty from Louise in Norfolk :?:  As she is a good friend of mine and i trim her puppy for shows

Yes,  my Misty is indeed from Louise in Norfolk. :D Please give her my regards next time you meet.

Did you groom Misty's littermate, Humphrey, for Louise for the London Cocker Show ? I saw him there and very smart he looked too. It will be handy having another grooming expert on the forum. :wink:

I think maybe my other Cocker, Jimmy, has something in common with Welshies as he has a full reportoire of moans he uses to communicate with too. :lol: Luckily Misty is a bit quieter.                    

Offline Tori

Hello
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2004, 12:06:46 PM »
Thank you all for the friendly welcome :D

Yes I did trim Humphrey for LCS, I'm also very forunate to be staying down in devon at the moment with the owner of misty's grandfather, Harry who is currently laying on the bed watching me type, what a life :!:
Laney is also, hopefully in whelp to Misty, Humphrey and Harvey's dad

Louise i'm so pleased to hear how you and Alfie are doing, i told you you were a natural with the trimming, keep up the good work :D  You'll have to come and see the pups (hopefully) seeing as Laney and Alfie are cousins.

Torie                    
Tori & Co x

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Hello
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2004, 12:26:41 PM »
Hello Torie and welcome to COL :wink:

Seems you feel at home already as you have quite a few links with some members and their dogs :wink:

I have a 16 month blue roan called Lottie.  Much as I love cockers, another is not an option at the moment but well, who knows what the future holds :wink:  :D                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
Hello
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2004, 02:50:45 PM »
I'm also very forunate to be staying down in devon at the moment with the owner of misty's grandfather, Harry who is currently laying on the bed watching me type, what a life :!:
Laney is also, hopefully in whelp to Misty, Humphrey and Harvey's dad

I also had the pleasure of meeting Harry and owner (Rose  :?: ) at LCS so say hello to them too from me. :D

Hopefully Laney is in whelp as Arran does seem to sire fantastic pups, a bit naughty at first by all accounts ( Misty definintely was :roll:) but I understand they settle down to be little gems with really good temperaments (I'm pleased to say Misty has now .......... mostly  :lol:  ).