Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2525 times)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Hello
« on: June 02, 2004, 11:38:48 PM »
What a fantastic site this is. How comes I only just found it? Maybe its because Ive just begun my search for a new friend.
Petless at the time of posting having lost Gunnar two months ago. He was a black cocker who was only with us for 10 years. I will get a picture on the gallery as soon as I can - he was a darling.
So the search has started and after reading this site for most of the day, I have come to the conclusion that although I did rear Gunnar from a pup - and he turned out to be a dog to be proud off, there is a hell of a lot Ive forgotten or never knew in the first place :)
So bear with me when i start with all the questions :)
Looking forward to getting to know you all
suki                    
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 08:34:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum Suki - sorry to hear you lost Gunnar recently, but good luck with your search and I look forward to hearing how you get on  :D                    

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Hello
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »
Hi  Suki,

Welcome to COL, hope you find your new friend soon! 8)

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 09:10:51 AM »
Hi Suki!  Welcome to the site.  I only joined yesterday too and have been overwhelmed not only by all the information that's available but by the friendliness of the other members - I think this site is great too.

Good Luck with your search - let us all know how you get on.                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 12:26:12 PM »
Suki

I'm so sorry for your loss of your dear Gunnar :(  and wish you lots of luck in the search for your new puppy :D

Enjoy the site Suki :wink:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

scoobie

Hello
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 01:06:35 PM »
Hallo and welcome Suki :D yep your right great site great people and fab cockers :D
Edith and scoobie                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 04:08:39 PM »
Welcome to COL.  We hope you find your new friend soon.  We have a black cocker called Tilly - she is 13 months old and a little sweetheart.  You have come to the right site for good information and everyone is very friendly.  Looking forward to hearing about your new cocker when you get him/her.

Sue, Emily and Tilly                    

Offline shaz

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 04:33:15 PM »
hello suki,

welcome to col , i am so sorry for your loss, good look in your search for your new pup, let us know how you get on,                    
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 08:24:09 PM »
Thankyou all for the welcome and the kind words.

I have managed to post a picture of Gunnar in the rogues gallery. I wasnt sure if the ones no longer with us were welcome but Im so proud of him I still like to show him off. He wont be forgotten.

And for all those interested, I got a call today from a breeder who has a blue roan pup reserved for me.

Happy is not the word  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Suki                    
Caroline and Alfie

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 09:14:33 PM »
Suki, I've seen your boy Gunnar and you've every right to be proud of him he's a very gorgeous boy.

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Maria

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2004, 10:49:01 AM »
Hello and welcome Suki.
Sorry to hear about Gunnar, - I've just seen his picture and he was a real stunner! Good luck with the new addition                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2004, 12:13:35 PM »
Hi Suki and welcome to COL  :D

Fantastic news about your expected addition.  Have just seen Gunnar and he was gorgeous - past and present Cockers are welcome here I think  :wink:
We have a one year old blue roan called Piper.
Looking forward to seeing piccies of the little one  :D                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2004, 09:24:01 PM »
Just a quick update cos Im so excited I need to share  :lol:

Just back from the breeder for our "interview". I must have passed because deposit has been paid  and little Alfie will be home with us at the end of July. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Obviously have not seen him yet as only being two weeks old but have met mum, dad,grandmother, great grandmother and all the other dogs. I got to have a good hour of doggie cuddles and licks  :)  :)
All so beautiful and of good temperment that in a way Im glad we dont get to pick Alfie, I reckon it would be too difficult a job.

So now I can actually look forward to my holidays on friday knowing when we get back we get to see Alfie for the first time - I can barely wait

Suki                    
Caroline and Alfie

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 09:34:40 AM »
That's fab news Suki, lots of time to get ready for little Alfie ( love the name ) hope it does'nt drag too much :wink:

Have a lovely holiday! :D

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 01:53:05 PM »
Excellent news!  Alfie was the other name we liked but plumped for Woody in the end.  Have a great holiday and make the most of the peace and quiet - it's like a bomb's hit our house since Woody arrived!!  And boy do I long for some proper sleep!!!!   :roll:                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner