Author Topic: Is it healthy to have a dog sleeping in you're bed?  (Read 7632 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: Is it healthy to have a dog sleeping in you're bed?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 04:40:54 PM »
Kali sleeps across both our pillows but OH gets the bum end so thats ok :005:  I should have shares in the sticky roller company ;) as I roller the bed every day until all hairs are gone
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 04:51:30 PM »
My bed, infact all of upstairs is out of bounds for Lottie (unless she occasionally sneaks up there for a mooch around :005:).

I just couldn't stand all the dog hairs :-\  It's nice to have a hair free zone, much as I love her :shades:

Ditto - Candy isn't allowed to set foot in my bedroom never mind on the bed and as for IN the bed... ph34r say no more.  I think it's unhygienic but then that's just me.  There are things that I allow my dog to do which others don't so I guess we're all just different.  :blink:
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 04:56:30 PM »
I agree, it is horses for courses really ;)  I couldn't imagine a night with Kali not kicking me in the bazooms when she is sleeping :005: :005:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 04:56:50 PM »

Well  ::) Before I had any dogs of my own and after leaving my husband I purchased a SUPER king sized bed  :luv: (as he wouldnt let me have one)  Then when I got daisy & the washing of those covers was a huge  chore. >:(  so I downsized  :D and got a double. then as more dogs came along and with puppies chewing the corners of the downie covers I eventually downsized again to a single  :005: So its a doddle to change every day.  :blink:

Cazzie how on earth do you fit you plus three dogs in a single bed??  :o :005:  Especially if two of them are your labs!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Cazzie

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 05:01:37 PM »

Well  ::) Before I had any dogs of my own and after leaving my husband I purchased a SUPER king sized bed  :luv: (as he wouldnt let me have one)  Then when I got daisy & the washing of those covers was a huge  chore. >:(  so I downsized  :D and got a double. then as more dogs came along and with puppies chewing the corners of the downie covers I eventually downsized again to a single  :005: So its a doddle to change every day.  :blink:

Cazzie how on earth do you fit you plus three dogs in a single bed??  :o :005:  Especially if two of them are your labs!

Only one lab, one JRT & a wee cocker. We have a sleeping formation which is now down to perfection  :005: Im off now as going away for a week to Lanzarotte and have not got 1 thing done.  :005:

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 05:57:21 PM »
Our throughly spoilt dogs have always slept on our bed; we went through a phase when we made them sleep downstairs but actually we missed them so back upstairs they came. :shades:

It is a bit of a race at bedtime as to who gets to the bed first; also as Spike weighs about 30kgs it is quite a squash!! Domino actually has his own bed which he starts on but he gets on & off our bed throughout the night. ;)

As you can see there's not much room for poor Robert!! ph34r :005:

We've never suffered any ill-effects from having the dogs on the bed (apart from the odd flea-bite!! :005:)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline kookie

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 06:04:24 PM »
Livvy sleeps with us, the rest are happy in the kitchen, but Sunday mornings is fun, whe I go and let them all out, then we all go back up to bed and watch the box for an hour, all 7 of us!
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 06:06:37 PM »
Max sleeps on the bedroom floor in one of his many beds/piles of cushions but he does occasionally creep onto the bed for a bit & I LOVE it!!  :luv: :luv: :luv:

On a weekend morning, we all get in there & drink coffee/eat biccies - Max loves his Sunday morning Digestive!!

from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline ruth_2_hot

• Site Member
    • http://janandnoel.com
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 07:09:40 PM »
 :luv: yep hun sleeps with us , well she did until last week , shes taken over the bed , not content with lying on OH  s feet , since he was in hospital , she has to be snuggled in the middle of us  :005: weve just had a new king size bed and are in the middle of decorating so this week shes been in her bed , i think we miss her more than she misses us  :lol: must admit i like her being with me at weekends when gaz is at work , she wakes up in the night and comes and kisses and licks our faces , once shes checked were both ok and woke us up she then snores as loudly as she can for the rest of the night  :lol:

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2007, 07:10:10 PM »
Our black labrador used to sleep on the bed, and you definately noticed she was there - many a night waking up 'cause I couldn't get comfortable >:(  but it was a habit I couldn't break my poor girlie from.  So when I brought Mollie home I insisted we wouldn't fall in to the same 'trap' again and made Mollie sleep downstairs.  Sadly my Lab passed away, and two months later we both caved in and let Mollie sleep on the bed.  Compared to our Lab it was bliss, you didn't notice she was there.  Then Daisy came along......... the howling at night wore me down, so she slept on her bed next to our bed.  When she got big enough she realised she could jump on the bed and  so Daisy decided our bed was better than hers, and Mollie decided she couldn't share with Daisy, so now Mollie sleeps downstairs and Daisy on the bed :005:
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Cazzie

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 07:28:20 PM »
Jo

That is just a fantastic picture  :005: :005:

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »
Glad you like it!! :shades: :005:
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2007, 08:16:31 PM »
its not exactly healthy but I think we have all been known to make the odd slip with regard to the dogs popping on the bed.  Ayla has never slept on the bed but bonnie has especially when I've been on my own in the house I prefer to have her roaming free and by choice she's opted for as near to me as possible either on the floor or on the bed.

Has anyone seen that program with aggie and her friend who go around telling you how clean your house is????  Thats enough to stop anyone letting their dogs sleep on the beds i don't mind sharing with the dog but I hate the thought of sharing it with any of the other creepy crawlies that dogs and we leave in our mattresses.... YUK!!!

Offline lexi

• Site Member
    • Spaniel Photos
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2007, 08:47:34 PM »
We now have three on the bed! :lol:

I should have shares in the sticky roller company ;) as I roller the bed every day until all hairs are gone.

One thing is for sure, we all sleep soundly and comfortably! ;)
"Always be a little kinder than necessary." J.M. Barrie
Lexi, Mac, Shadow & Galak (with Holly & Byron in our hearts)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2007, 09:06:46 PM »
Has anyone seen that program with aggie and her friend who go around telling you how clean your house is????  Thats enough to stop anyone letting their dogs sleep on the beds i don't mind sharing with the dog but I hate the thought of sharing it with any of the other creepy crawlies that dogs and we leave in our mattresses.... YUK!!!

TBH I'd rather share my bed with a dog any day than some of the manky g!ts they have on that programme  :o :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/