Author Topic: who needs friends!!  (Read 2127 times)

Offline marie_231

• Site Member
who needs friends!!
« on: June 24, 2004, 04:26:12 PM »
i really cant believe this , i have a 4 month old male  working cocker , called benson , he's my baby , friends of ours have a lakeland terrier who has just came into her 1st season they actually had the audacity to ask us to allow benson to mate with her  :shock: omg he hasnt even tried to hump anything yet , even if he did show willing i am so shocked that people can even think like that , especially when you look on the dog rescue forums and see the amount of damage done by irresponsible breeding , are people really this stupid ?                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
who needs friends!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 05:09:40 PM »
OMG what idiots    :shock: GRRR!!! its made me sooo angry reading that.  :evil: Yep your right they are stupid. Why on earth do they want to breed from a cocker and Lakeland in the first place??
I feel so sorry for that little bitch, shes only a baby herself. :(                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
who needs friends!!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 05:15:19 PM »
Hi Marie,

I'm so sorry for you that your friend put you in such a position that you had to say no to such a ridiculous suggestion! :roll:

Did she tell you her reasons for wanting to mate this poor baby? Alot of people are sadly under the illusion that a bitch must have a litter for her own well being before getting spayed - if this is the case are you good enough friends with her to talk to her about it and tell her that this is a myth and the best thing for her little girlie would be to have her spayed and let her enjoy her life with her family, breeding should be left to the people who know what they are doing and an inexperienced breeder could well be putting her bitch and any puppies in danger!                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Laura

• Site Member
who needs friends!!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 05:15:57 PM »
some people just amaze me :?  Am sure it is ignorance a lot of the time - but it is the poor dogs that pay the price :( .....GRRRRRRR Oh it makes me mad!!!

I have had Bailey 3 days now. With 2 male PET cockers I have already lost count of the amount of people that insist I should now get a female to go with them to get my money back :x                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
who needs friends!!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 05:18:19 PM »
It seems like there are a lot of people who still need educating about dogs and proper breeding :roll:                    

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
who needs friends!!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 05:42:19 PM »
Hi Marie,

I'm quite gobsmacked at your friends suggestion, at least you have the good sense to see how ridiculous she's being, it just makes me sad that some people just see dog breeding as a bit of a laugh, something to do, not  really thinking about the welfare of the mum or her pups, where they will end up and what will happen to them.

Rescue centre have a tough as it is without people like that just adding to the pressure :x

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline marie_231

• Site Member
who needs friends!!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 09:07:50 PM »
dont believe this , have just spoken to :friend : and they actually let this litle girl out on her own this afternoon at the park and a gsd seems to have been very friendly with her  :shock:  :shock: , im sorry , i dont believe people are this stupid and am heading for an arguement by the looks of things                    

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
who needs friends!!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 09:35:04 PM »
Oh Marie this makes me so mad  - and I am really sad for their little girlie :cry:

Where did they get their bitch from? Is she pedigree?  A reputable breeder or the local breed club would be horrified to hear one of their pups was being treated like this, wouldn't they?

These people should be 'banned' from keeping dogs; cant they be prosecuted for neglect or cruelty?                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Laura

• Site Member
who needs friends!!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 10:56:30 PM »
This is very unfair and isn't just ignorance but sheer stupidity!!  Some people shouldn't have a dog    :x

This is also how dog fights start out on a walk - selfish :x  Never mind the outcome for this poor girl :cry:                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
who needs friends!!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 08:16:59 AM »
dont believe this , have just spoken to :friend : and they actually let this litle girl out on her own this afternoon at the park and a gsd seems to have been very friendly with her  :shock:  :shock: , im sorry , i dont believe people are this stupid and am heading for an arguement by the looks of things

Marie - I'm confused  :?   What is their reasoning behind wanting to mate their little girl with any old Tom, Dick or Harry???  What they are doing is pure madness  :twisted:                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
who needs friends!!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2004, 09:46:56 AM »
What planet are these people on??? and what do they intend on doing with the puppies???

I hope they haven't fallen into that trap where friends have said they will have one. They never comethrough in the end!

Idiots! Give them my email and i'll tell them myself!                    
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
who needs friends!!
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2004, 09:49:06 AM »

OMG a GSD with a little Lakeland.  :shock:  So do they realise that this little one may have to have a C section  if a mating has taken place.
The pups will be far too big to have a normal delivery.
As for letting her loose on her own,  :shock:  Ive been there when poor bitches have been brought into rescue, suffering from complete exhaustion.  :(
This has made me sooo angry!!!  :evil:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
who needs friends!!
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2004, 10:04:05 AM »
My original post Marie was to give this person the benefit of the doubt, thinking mabe they had been wrongly advised, which sadly does happen :(  but from your second post Marie your friend comes across as totally irresponsible and if she were a friend of mine I would be reporting her to the dog warden and terminating any frienship we had! :evil:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
who needs friends!!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2004, 10:38:20 AM »
I know I'm really new to this Forum and have only been a proud dog owner for a little over two weeks - but I'm really against dogs being bred outside of their breed.  And don't even get me started on people breeding with no experience or knowledge!!  I was always under the impression that Heinz 57s came about because of accidents rather than people deliberately picking any old two dogs and saying "let's see what happens" .... crazy!

Marie - they must know how much Benson means to you if they are really good friends and have spent time around you.  I would think long and hard about whether I wanted to be friends who so little respect for my feelings and the welfare of one of the most important "people" in my life.  Let us know how this one pans out eh?                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline Maria

• Site Member
who needs friends!!
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2004, 10:39:06 AM »
I have just caught up with this post and quite frankly, my gob has been well and truly smacked! :shock:
That poor little girl. :cry:
Amazing how sometimes people can do something that makes you wonder why you had considered them to be a friend!