Author Topic: Why does he cry?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Why does he cry?
« on: June 26, 2004, 11:08:33 PM »
Why does Bailey cry before going to sleep? Anyone know?

He curls round and round and round then digs in his blanket then out then in then round again whimpering the whole time!

He is fine any other time  - playing, eating, training but just does the crying when he's tired, when he does fall asleep he's like a little baby:roll:

He's got me stumped!                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Why does he cry?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 10:17:59 AM »
It could just be a little Bailey " Quirk ", something he does to send him off to sleep, or he could be sad it's bedtime and his mum's leaving him!

Do him and Blue  sleep together?

My two have very sad faces before I go up to bed ( hubbie thinks I'm mad
as I always give them a kiss and say " Goodnight God Bless !" )

He'll probably grow out of it soon enough! :wink:                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Why does he cry?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 11:12:53 AM »
Hi Lizzy,

Blue still isn't happy to have Bailey sleep with him :(  but they do sleep in the same room - with me in the middle :wink:

I hope it is 'just a quirk' and he does grow out of it, I find myself willing him to just go to sleep! :roll:

Bailey is the same during the day at nap time too, so thinking about it your probably right Lizzy, Bailey has probably just created a pattern for himself - although a very irritating one! :roll:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline PennyB

Why does he cry?
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 11:19:05 AM »
My two very rarely sleep together. It also sounds like a quirk as Lizzy said as Ruby does something similar and sometimes it looks like she's attacking her bed before she setttles down rather than trying to get to sleep in it.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Why does he cry?
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 11:22:58 AM »
Sounds like a quirk to me as well Maria.  :roll:  He might grow out of it, it might just be a puppy thing.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Why does he cry?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 03:42:41 PM »
Misty used to go through a similar routine before going to sleep, including the crying. I only actually realised when reading your post that she had stopped the whimpering recently, it happened without me noticing a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe, as others have said, it is just a quirk and Bailey  will grow out of it too. I always thought maybe Misty did it because she was almost too tired to sleep/relax and it was a kind of frustrated whimper. Who knows ? :lol:  She still does the circling and also goes into a trance and suckles herself to sleep on a blanket or an old sock though. :roll:                    

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Why does he cry?
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 05:49:24 PM »
Awwwww.......It sounds quite cute, but probably not for you having to live with it.

It does sound like a similar routine that babies will do when put down for a nap, I can't think of any other reason. I hope he grows out of it for you Maria.

My two vary about sleeping. In the recent hot weather they laid apart, but on cooler nights Lottie snuggles up against Goldie. The little madam even tries biting at Goldies teats, looking for milk :shock: . Good job Goldie is so placid, she just grumbles at her.                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Why does he cry?
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 02:46:48 PM »
I always thought maybe Misty did it because she was almost too tired to sleep/relax and it was a kind of frustrated whimper.

Colin you described Bailey's cry's so much better than I had, and it's good to know that his whimper's arnt going to last forever. :roll:

Thankyou all for your replies :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline lorri

• Site Member
Why does he cry?
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 11:04:32 PM »
god i bet it must break your heart. Heres hoping he grows out of it. Which im sure he will. Jarvis just flops himself down and is fast asleep straight away.

lorraine and Jarvis                    

Offline Sandie

• Site Member
    • http://
Why does he cry?
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 11:52:14 PM »
Wesley starts to howl for 5 minutes when he goes to bed and starts Aimee off too. Glad to say all is calm after 5 minutes and that is when i can go to sleep peacefully  :lol:

I've never had a dog before Wesley and Aimee is usually a quiet and placid girl, so put it down to a dog thing.

Sandra, Aimee and Wesley xx