Author Topic: Lottie....my early morning alarm!!!!!!  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Lottie....my early morning alarm!!!!!!
« on: July 07, 2004, 05:13:04 AM »
Currently I have been woken by my sweet little angel at 4.45, her usual wake up time :evil:
Then after saying hello and I'm sooo pleased to see you mum, she settles back down to sleep :roll:
By which time I am up, to have let both dogs out, and sit on the sofa wondering what to do at this unearthly hour :?

I remember the early calls when Goldie was little now, I'd rather forgotten about them through the years :lol:

So anyone got any great tips to get her to sleep just a little longer.....or otherwise any great tips with what I should use the extra 2 hours to do :D                    

Offline Mightyjoe

• Site Member
    • http://www.byphotos.com/album/780383
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 08:33:47 AM »
Oscar tends to sleep in till about 6 then out for a quick wee (Oscar) then back to sleep. Well that is the way it works about 50% of the time, he sometimes wakes you up earlier then that to have a play. Oscar only does that if you are facing outwards, I think he claims you as fair game and tends to wake you up with a face wash.  :shock:  Most times if you just push him down from the bed he will go back to sleep, but sometimes he won’t give up so you have to have a play for 10 min or put him on the bed and will most times go to sleep. I think the only way to get a good nights sleep is to leave them with the family  :lol:                    
David, Sharon & Oscar

Oscar Pics    Oscar in Scotland

Offline Mightyjoe

• Site Member
    • http://www.byphotos.com/album/780383
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 08:37:15 AM »
Forgot to say, this early morning wake up can be a godsend. We have been having a problem with our boiler and it has been tripping the electrics out during the night  :evil:  With Oscars wake up call I think we would have both been late for work, so it is nice to have a back up alarm.   :D                    
David, Sharon & Oscar

Oscar Pics    Oscar in Scotland

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 08:39:59 AM »
I'm sorry Sheila can't offer any advice as when Piper was a baby we simply put her to bed in the kitchen and never heard a peep out of her until we got up!                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 08:49:41 AM »
After 14 weeks old Jazz has slept through the night, until we get up.. This has been as much as 12 hours... in the kitchen.. after we went to bed early, and ended up not waking until 10.am... Not a peep... when we opened the kitchen door however she ws lying awake in her bed, with her legs crossed.. looking pretty cross, but she was quiet..  

It now makes no difference whether she gets 6 or 9 hours sleep, we are very lucky in 'that' area.   I hasten to add to she does make up for it in other areas  :(  

Cathy                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 10:10:11 AM »
Tricky one!  Woody used to wake us up regularly at 5.30 for the first week and then he got more confident.  This morning he woke up at 7.45 which was something of a record!  We have taken to walking him later in the evening - usually after 8pm which is nice because my husband has some quality time with him too then.  Then W falls asleep by around 9.30 (last night on the sofa while I watched BB!) and then he's easily transferred to his den.  So maybe a late walk?  

We did completely ignore Woody's pleas for early morning freedom between the ages of 9-11 weeks which was really really hard to do but we think has helped.  He knows that we will only come downstairs to him when we are ready and some mornings he is just playing quietly in his den waiting for us.  

Oh and the other thing - we removed his water bowl from his den.  We found that if he drank during the night, he'd then wet his paper and howl for us to come and clean up.  Worth a try? Good luck!!                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline lorri

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 07:17:45 PM »
Oh dont envy you... I've been pretty lucky with Jarvis. He cried for only two nights and then was completly settled and he knows sleeps till around 7-7.30. Which for me who likes her bed and works shifts is still toooo early but he normally goes out for the toilet has some breakfast and then falls asleep again.

Given time im sure things will get better :?

Lorrine and Jarvis                    

Offline Gaynor

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 09:56:52 PM »
Hiya

Amber wakes up at 4.30 on the dot you could set a clock by her ............ shes wide awake no chance of going back to sleep , so we get up  :wink:  thats why im ALWAYS asleep at about 10 on a night ..........

Going to bed now ............ night

Love gaynXXXXXXXXX                    
HAVE A LOOK IN MY ALBUM FOR A RECENT PICCIE OF AMBER !!

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 08:57:27 AM »
Hiya  

Amber wakes up at 4.30 on the dot you could set a clock by her ............ shes wide awake no chance of going back to sleep , so we get up  :wink:  thats why im ALWAYS asleep at about 10 on a night ..........

Going to bed now ............ night  

Love gaynXXXXXXXXX

Lottie is within a couple of minutes of the same time each morning, how do they do that :roll:  :D

Anyway, I will try a late night walk, but it was dreadfully wet and windy last night and also she had been rather overexercised during the day :oops: Will also take up her water bowl.

I can live with the early mornings, I love her to bits and hope that gradually she will sleep longer. I expect that as she gets older and we get darker mornings this will happen. :D She is only a baby still, 13 weeks yesterday, so I'm not expecting miracles.                    

Offline Laura

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 11:06:44 AM »
I must be a toughie - sorry Bailey!  Even his first night when Bailey wanted to play at 5.30am he was put back in his crate without a backward glance - he settled after 20 minutes of crying.  And that is how we carried on.  With the school holidays - he is now waking at about 8am - has given up on me before that!!  Bailey at 10wks sometimes needs a wee at 6am - but that is all it is - a wee and bed!

The 1st week with Bailey I did let him up at 6.30 but that quickly changed the 2nd week!!

I do get up at night to let Brogan and Bailey out if I have to - a manual process though with my eyes still shut and they do get ignored!!  They know it is not worth the effort though and leave me be!  Daytime is for dogs and kids!!  :twisted:  :D (unless they are poorly - now that is a different story all together)!!                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 03:49:08 PM »
Further to my earlier reply, we definitely think that as the mornings get darker into the winter, Woody will sleep longer.  His usual time is around 7-7.30 which is bearable.  We've found that on weekends when there is less traffic (we live on a side road but it's a bit of a rat-run and there is a school at the top of the road), he sleeps longer.  We also have a really good blind on the window - maybe it's worth making sure that there is no natural light coming in at 4.30 and waking your puppy up?

Let's hope darker mornings will mean longer snoozes for all us owners eh?!  :wink:                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 06:30:24 PM »
Further to my earlier reply, we definitely think that as the mornings get darker into the winter, Woody will sleep longer.  His usual time is around 7-7.30 which is bearable.  We've found that on weekends when there is less traffic (we live on a side road but it's a bit of a rat-run and there is a school at the top of the road), he sleeps longer.  We also have a really good blind on the window - maybe it's worth making sure that there is no natural light coming in at 4.30 and waking your puppy up?

Let's hope darker mornings will mean longer snoozes for all us owners eh?!  :wink:

Yes, I hope the darker mornings will help and thinking about it the kitchen is fairly light anyway :roll:

I get up at 7.00, normally anyway, in order to get the children fed and sorted for school, so 6.30 onwards would be lovely. I'll just keep persevering :D                    

Offline Katina

• Site Member
    • Kennel Pretty Flower's
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2004, 06:38:23 PM »
I sure don't envy you!!
I must be lucky as none of my dogs wake me up. Most of the times I have to wake them up :lol:                    
There's only one, -but that one is a lion

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 07:17:17 PM »
I sure don't envy you!!
I must be lucky as none of my dogs wake me up. Most of the times I have to wake them up :lol:

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:
That's not the story here! lol :lol: ! Our story is more like...howling until we get up :roll:  :lol: (and it is pretty early in the morning too).  It’s like we have hounds not cockerS :lol: !!                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 10:04:36 PM »
I sure don't envy you!!

Katina, they'd be too scared to wake you up  :shock:  in case it was evil Mummy who they awoke  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: