Author Topic: Teething  (Read 1332 times)

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Teething
« on: July 12, 2004, 09:57:26 AM »
Hi,

Abby woke early this morning and seemed to be in a lot of discomfort? she was crying loudly and pawing at her mouth.  I gave her a chew stick and she was happy with it for a few minutes and then started again crying and chewing anything but the chew stick :roll:  I was expecting her to go through a teething stage but I didn't expect her to be in such pain :( is there anything I can do to help her.  

Michelle                    

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Teething
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 10:20:44 AM »
Can you use baby teething products?  I will need this information again in a few weeks as well!!

Brogan I used to put carrots in the fridge for him to chew on and turn his feet orange!! :lol:   Frozen stuffed Kongs were another that worked for him.  I used to also put a wet flannel in the freezer for him to chew on - or ran it under the cold tap for immediate use.  Brogan always preferred fabric in his mouth - hated nylabones and such like - surely they could go in the fridge?                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline Sandie

• Site Member
    • http://
Teething
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 12:59:20 PM »
Hi,

It was suggested that I used bonjela for Wesley when he was teething, but as he never seemed to be in any discomfort, i didn't use it.

Sandie, Aimee and Wesley xx                    

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
Teething
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 01:01:36 PM »
I'm really interested in this post.  Can anyone advise me as to what age I can expect this?  When do the baby teeth drop out to be replaced with adult ones?                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Teething
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 01:24:41 PM »
Usually they start to lose their teeth at around 4 months and have all their adult ones at 6 months old.

Lottie is chewing like mad at the moment, she is 14 weeks on Wednesday.....so in a couple of weeks we might find some teeth.
They usually swallow them though.
I think I only ever found two of Goldies :)                    

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Teething
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 01:56:08 PM »
I've got more of Brogan's baby teeth than i have all my 3 children put together  :roll: there again my youngest hasn't lost his yet so can save his and pretend to be a good mum again :wink:  :idea: until Bailey's start falling out :lol:

It was Bonjela I was once told about as well - never used it though, so couldn't remember if that info' was right.  Brogan was never that bad to warrant it.

Hope you get some relief soon Abby :cry:                    
Laura x

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Teething
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 02:08:39 PM »
Thanks Sandie & Laura,

I will get some bonjela just in case and we have tried the flannel in the freezer this morning :lol: she decided it had to be killed and then buried in the garden :roll: Abby is just coming up to 13 weeks but I don't remember going through this with Billy(4) though I do remember him losing his teeth at about 5 months :? obviously like children they are all different.

Michelle                    

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Teething
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 02:13:37 PM »
we have tried the flannel in the freezer this morning :lol: she decided it had to be killed and then buried in the garden :roll:

That made me laugh Michelle - so she liked my suggestion then  :lol:  bet it took her mind off it for a while though :lol:   :lol:                    
Laura x

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Teething
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 02:43:19 PM »
I had to use Bonjela with Vegas as he had a really sore mouth when teething :(  I also gave him nylabones and those baby teething rings that could be put into the fridge.  I can't actually remember Dallas having any probs when he was teething. In fact, can't remember him going through it at all :oops:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Teething
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 04:26:33 PM »
Jovi's loosing his teeth at the moment, his bottom canines were wobbly over the weekend and we were hoping to collect them, but no, he's lost them and we can't find them!!

He doesn't seem to have stopped chewing anything, but I've been wetting the dry food down so it's not too painful, and we soaked the rawhide chews yesterday to soften them for him  :lol:

I didn't know if bonjela would work or not, but he's not shown signs of pain so am just being a little cautious.. His new teeth are looking lovely!                    
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline lorri

• Site Member
Teething
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 11:53:29 PM »
hi

We managed to retrieve one of Jarvis tooth although i dont know how as it was so tiny. My six year old son insisted that i put it under Jarvis's bed to see if the tooth fairy would come..and surprise surprise she did and left him two pounds that he spent on a new toy at the pet shop. My son cant wait for his to fall out now!!!

Reckon im going to be pretty skint!!!Sorry the tooth fairy is going to be pretty skint

:wink:

Lorraine and Jarvis                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Teething
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 12:52:07 AM »
Hi Michelle

Poor Abby :(  I used to give Indie really cold carrots out of the fridge to gnaw on, it worked a treat :)