Author Topic: Crufts - a headcount  (Read 6294 times)

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2004, 02:48:24 PM »
I'm travelling fom London by train with a couple of friends - it's only a 1.5h journey, dont know the cost yet but I can find out easily enough online and will post soon - Sandra (and anyone else interested) you're more than welcome to meet me at the London train station (London Euston) if you'd like to travel up together :)                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2004, 03:01:48 PM »
When I've been to other exhibitions at the Nec (not Crufts though) they have run special trains from Euston that go direct without stopping and only take an hour. From the station there are a number of escalators and moving walkways that take you right into the hall.

The direct trains returning to London are absolutely heaving though, so I've always chosen to get a seat on one of the normal trains that stops occassionally rather than stand all the way.                    

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2004, 04:57:10 PM »
I'm in two minds about whether to go by train or by car.  Last year I drove and the traffic was horrendous on the M6 due to an accident.  I think it took about 40 minutes to get to that point and a further two hours to travel 4 junctions.   :evil: The journey home was just as bad.  The M6 is just so unpredictable...

If I go by train I'd have to change at Bedford and again at Milton Keynes.  From Milton Keynes it's an all stations service to the NEC so very slow OR from home, go into London, take the tube round to Euston and then catch the fast train back out again to Birmingham.  :?

Maybe I should catch a flight?!!  :wink:                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline Jen

• Site Member
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2004, 05:20:48 PM »
I will be going too - with daughter number 1 (Ariana).                    
Jen & Monty xx

Offline linda76

• Site Member
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2004, 07:00:19 PM »
Thanks Mary for your answer. The problem is that i've never been in UK, and that's why i'm doing this silly questions...  :oops:

Mike,

Thanks for the invitation.... but since i arrive this day at london, and i'm very capable to loose myself (and my mum ... i don't bring the dogs), is better to not keep you waiting....  :wink:  :wink:

But the station where i should take the train is London Euston???

Thanks again for helping a stranger in London....

Sandra                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2004, 09:29:07 PM »

But the station where i should take the train is London Euston???

Thanks again for helping a stranger in London....

Sandra

Hi Sandra,
This link may help you plan your journey http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ click on 'Planning Your Journey' and put in Euston and Birmingham International on the 'leaving from & going to, then after completing the date and time etc. you should get the available times for the trains.

As has already been mentioned we will really have to make sure we make a meeting point  :wink:  :D                    

Offline linda76

• Site Member
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2004, 10:11:15 PM »
Many thanks......

I think this will be a precious help....

Tips to better visit london in one weekend?

And about the meeting point, plaese, mak'it visible!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2004, 11:18:04 PM »
Hubby and I will be there, so long as our baby sitter can have all 4 dogs overnight. oh and have my son nearly forgtot about him (only kidding) :D                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2004, 08:47:04 AM »
The meeting point can be at my benches, if you like, as I'm planning to have a little celebration for making Ally up !  :)

Hope you can join me for a little drink & a nibble.

Kim.                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2004, 08:48:10 AM »
That sounds like a great idea Kim and if I make it I've promised to bring some Guernsey Gache & Guernsey Butter  :wink:  :wink:                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2004, 09:18:48 AM »
Having had a quick look at train availability and prices, the cheapest I could come up with was £67 return - which is a wee bit steep I think? :? Let me know if anyone can find it cheaper, otherwise I'm going to be driving after all! :lol:

Kim, very much looking forward to meeting you and your dogs  :wink:

Sandra, there's a thread just started by Topaz billy aka Michelle in the Anything Goes section about what things to do in London in a weekend - hope it helps  :D                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2004, 05:34:20 PM »
The meeting point can be at my benches, if you like, as I'm planning to have a little celebration for making Ally up !  :)

Hope you can join me for a little drink & a nibble.

Kim.

What a lovely thought Kim, shall we bring a bottle :wink:  :lol:

Otis 8)  says he'll bring the sausages, and would like Ally to have some for being such a clever girl. Just don't tell Ruby ok :wink:                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2004, 06:24:11 PM »
Having had a quick look at train availability and prices, the cheapest I could come up with was £67 return - which is a wee bit steep I think? :? Let me know if anyone can find it cheaper, otherwise I'm going to be driving after all! :lol:

:D

:shock:  :shock: I can't believe the price of train fares, it's ridiculous.  I saw an actress interviewed recently who used to live in London and work in Manchester.  She know lives in Spain and says it's cheaper for a return air ticket to Manchester than it was to go by train from London.  Things just don't quite add up do they :?

I flew Bristol to Edinburgh and it was £37 return :wink:                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2004, 07:33:32 PM »
If it's any help to anyone Travelodge are doing an offer for £5.00  for a room,  :lol:  which has to be booked by Jan 18th, but the offer goes to the end of March. All the ones near the NEC have gone but anyone wanting to break the journey up it may help. That's if you can find one which has any of the rooms left :?                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Crufts - a headcount
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2004, 10:23:47 PM »
[size=24]I'm coming to CRUFTS everybody  :lol:  8)  :P  :D  :lol:  :o  :o  :lol:  :lol:

So I look forward to catching up with everybody I've already met and to finally meeting Mike :wink: & Gilly ...... and all the other members of COL that are making the trip.  Can't wait now I'm so excited  :wink:  :lol:  8)                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands