Author Topic: frogs n dogs  (Read 1700 times)

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
frogs n dogs
« on: February 06, 2004, 03:11:07 PM »
does anybody know if frogs can harm your dog? :?

we have a koy pond in the garden and get loads and loads of frogs! :( (cant stand them - horrible slimy things! :evil: )

As spring is on the way - and so are the frogs! I'm a bit worried about Blue catching one!  :shock:

:D Maria & Blue :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
frogs n dogs
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 03:15:52 PM »
Fortunately, Bess doesn't catch frogs, but my 2 previous cockers, Teddy & Robin both used to catch them.  Robin was the worst, we used to have a little pond in the garden.  He would go out in the garden at night & catch frogs.  He would hold one in his mouth (frog facing downwards!) until I went out & offered him cheese.  Cheese was the only way to get a frog out of Robin's mouth.  Most times the frog survived its vigorous sucking (at least I think they did, the following morning they were never where Robin had dropped them the night before!)

I don't know how many frogs he actually swallowed, but Robin never came to any harm, he lived to the ripe old age of 16.                    

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
frogs n dogs
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 04:48:39 PM »
Candy has eaten a frog before and regularly plays with them (much to my disgust!) They definitely survive though as when I have managed to get it out of her mouth the hop away literally for dear life and seem ok.

She hasn't suffered any adverse reactions so far to.  She's a really fussy eater but trust her to like 'les grenouilles'!!  :D                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
frogs n dogs
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 12:05:38 AM »
We have a frog catcher too :lol: Zoe has eaten more than a few in a time & has got to 11 years old without any ill effects. I have managed to rescue some - they look a bit shellshocked by their experience but then hop off into the distance so I assume they're ok (unless they go & have a quiet froggy heart attack somewhere!)                    
Jane

Offline Michele

• Site Member
frogs n dogs
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 04:57:54 PM »
(unless they go & have a quiet froggy heart attack somewhere!)

sorry, that made me laugh  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
frogs n dogs
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 08:51:58 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thanks for all the replies, i feel much better now, :wink:

oooooo cant wait till i get to have to take a frog from Blues mouth!!!!!!!!  :roll: :shock: :evil:  :lol:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
frogs n dogs
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 12:01:33 PM »
I think we'll have to keep an eye on Phoebe once we dig our pond and it gets established! Say that though the cat used to catch them all the time :shock: . They would play dead on the kitchen floor, put a few sprinkles of water and they come back to life and hop off!!!                    
Anita