Author Topic: brave puppy ??!?  (Read 2568 times)

Offline milo's mum

• Site Member
    • http://www.pearshape.co.uk
brave puppy ??!?
« on: March 23, 2004, 10:15:27 PM »
Milo's pet hates:

Hair dyer - stay at least 6 feet from Mum and Dad when they are using it....but kind of getting used to it 'cos it's so muddy and he's getting so many baths...

Dyson - just about manages to stay in the same room if he has to ... but would much rather run away

Cordless screwdriver - much nastier version of hair dryer... run away, run away...and find Mum.

Lawn mower - arrghhh.. .straight into the house, up the stairs, under the bed and stayed there until tea time.....nasty Daddy...

8 months and 10 days old and very nearly fully grown!

Bless!                    
Jackie, Steve and Milo.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 07:48:38 AM »
Dallas is just the same and hes 17 months old :roll:  His list also includes the ironing board and he also tries to hide when I'm sweeping and mopping the floors. He hates the ladder that comes down from the loft - suppose it sounds similar to the ironing board :lol:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 09:21:21 AM »
I don't think we've got a real cocker spaniel.

She doesn't mind the dyson and loves the hairdryer ('cos she gets very muddy and wet).

As for the lawnmower - she loves it. It means she's out with her DAd and can do a wall of death round the garden with her football :roll:                    
Anita

Offline PennyB

brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 09:45:31 AM »
Ruby likes the vacuum cleaner so much her ear got accidentally sucked up into the nozzle the other week but she still follows me around while I clean the house so even that hasn't put her off. 8)

The only thing my two are really scared of are people with umbrellas—they were both pups and socialized in a hot summer where it didn't rain, so no one had any umbrellas up :lol:                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 11:57:55 AM »
None of mine like the dyson, in fact Alfie would sometimes sit and bark at it was it wasnt even on :? , they all like the hairdryer as they get bathed so often, and if they hear the electric knife they come a running :D  :D                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 01:01:56 PM »
Butty isn't scared of much either....she doesn't mind the dyson, she LOVES the lawnmower  :? runs around the garden like a looney  :shock:
She isn't to keen on the hairdryer though  :?  I do keep perservering, and even though I bath her often, she still doesn't like it  :roll:
For some reason she is scared of Chicken Wings  :shock:  I put one in her bowl this morning and she had an absolute mad fit  :shock:  running up to the bowl then darting out of the kitchen again...this went on for 15 minutes...I then let her outside and she did 10 laps of the garden, came running back in skidded across the kitchen floor at a million miles an hour and then did another 20 laps of the living room knocking the lamp off the table in the process  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:
She still haden't eaten the chicken wing when I left for work this morning so I had to remove it   :roll: :wink:                    

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 01:12:06 PM »
Candy isn't really scared of anything.  Georgia doesn't particularly like the Dyson but she's not too bad.  They jumped out of their skin the other day when I took out the ironing board and I couldn't understand why it scared them but then I realised it's because they have never seen it before.  I should be ashamed of myself!  :lol:                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 02:15:00 PM »
Gilly

That is sooooo funny. I can just picture her now :shock: . Legs ackimbo and ears flapping. Bet she had that mad spaniel look on her face too :)                    
Anita

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 03:58:42 PM »
There isn't much that 'fazes' Millie.
She loves the hair dryer, isn't overly fussed about the hoover, but loves the nozze attachment stroking her back  :shock:
the ironing board is up all the time, although they can see it they're not allowed in the room its in
lawnmower - Millie does a good stunt where she will lie down directly in front of the lawnmower .. shes a bit of a menace when it comes to cutting the grass.

Jenni did run from the hoover at first .. now she is intrigued by the stuff whirling round inside and whilst she won't come close on purpose she just sits and watches you hoover. She doesn't really like the hair dryer but las time she let me dry her with it and she hasn't met the lawn mower yet, but I think she soon will as the garden is beginning to look a bit like a rain forest. One thing she hasn't come to terms with yet is the post coming through the letter box. She happened to but in the hall this morning when the postie came - she practically wet herself and the scream she let out didn't stop til she'd reached the conservatory!  :lol:                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 04:07:31 PM »
Jess absolutely detests the hairdryer with a vengeance.  She is terrified of it so I can't use it on her, it's not fair.  She always has a final rinse in the lake after our walks as its soooooo muddy up the country park!!!!!

Her favourite thing is the world though is chicken wings and raw egg yolks :lol:  :lol:                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 04:21:59 PM »
Gilly

That is sooooo funny. I can just picture her now  . Legs ackimbo and ears flapping. Bet she had that mad spaniel look on her face too

It was more of the bum tucked under  :shock: and the raving looney look   :shock:  :lol:  :lol:                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 05:05:54 PM »
Jasper is a wimp - go to the hoover cupboard and he run :D s. Buddy doesn't give a monkeys about anything :?                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Laura

• Site Member
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 10:12:05 AM »
Brogan has always been as bold as brass and fearful of nothing - until we hit this fear stage he's going through right now - he went ballistic at the light bulb in the porch last night!  :shock: It amused the neighbour I was talking to.  

Am talking to all sorts of strange objects at the moment to show Brogan that they are nothing to fear - when he sees me chatting away and ignoring his not so macho gruffing he comes and explores a little - and then adopts the attitude - Oh that silly object - knew it was that really! :lol:

He used to hate the hairdryer - but he now associates it with a pigs ear or another yummy long lasting treat.  With how white he is - he had to get used to that one!                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2004, 10:54:05 AM »
Vaccuum cleaners are Jimmy's least favourite thing in the entire world (along with chicken wings  :twisted: ), he hates them with a vengeance. Misty pretends to be scared but I can tell she isn't really, she just thinks she should be because Jimmy is. Both are fine with the hairdryer, in fact seem to like it. They both hate balloons though and beer bottles. The latter being cos I blew across the top of a half empty one once which turned them mental. :lol:

Jimmy used to be scared of all kinds of things when on walks but thankfully seems to be over all that now. Misty is spooked but also fascinated by anything bobbing in the canal and the other day got all barky over a girl sitting at the foot of a tree reading a book. :roll:                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
brave puppy ??!?
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2004, 11:41:11 AM »
( Nell my lab )    isn't frightened of anything  in the home or outisde :D    She'll walk past anything at all, without a backward glance.  Road  Machinary  bin lorries. Weve even taken her to the fair, not a flicker!

Hubby even takes her out on bonfire night, she doesnt turn a hair.

Nothing seems to phase her.   It was a diiferent story though with Meg, i couldnt even walk down a road without her walking backwards, to see who was behind her.      :oops:  :roll:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~