Author Topic: Wont Go Out In Rain  (Read 2794 times)

Offline Bellbellsmum

• Site Member
    • http://
Wont Go Out In Rain
« on: October 22, 2004, 12:04:10 PM »
Is this normal?  Its been really wet the last few days and Bella will NOT go out in the rain for toilet, she hops out and then looks at me like "your having a laugh arent you?" and comes back in and wee's on the floor! :angry:

Even if we go out with her with umbrella she just sits under your feet until you go back in.

Normally we let her out and say Bella, Wee Wee's and she goes on command.

Any advice on this folks
Laura and Bella (Bellyflops) xxxxxx

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 01:17:17 PM »
Jovi's 8 months old and he doesn't like peeing in the rain (so much for having a puppy over the summer months).

I have to go out in the rain with him and make really excited noises.  If I feel we're out there too long and nothing is happening.  I go back in and wait 5 minutes and try again (obviously don't leave him so if it looks like he's going to go, I can put him out quickly).

I only praise, treat and fuss the outside toileting, and ignore any indoor errors... He's getting there, but we still get the odd wees!  I'm sure he'll grow out of it  :)  
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 01:46:41 PM »
looks at me like "your having a laugh arent you?"
Molo has this expression so well developed that my OH and daughter feel sorry for him  :lol:

I'm afraid I'm harsh and go out with him (no umbrella) and no amount of sorriful looks or scratching at the door changes my mind, until we've been out for a while
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline PennyB

Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 02:08:38 PM »
looks at me like "your having a laugh arent you?"
Molo has this expression so well developed that my OH and daughter feel sorry for him  :lol:

I'm afraid I'm harsh and go out with him (no umbrella) and no amount of sorriful looks or scratching at the door changes my mind, until we've been out for a while
Snap. I did this with my two (I even had to block up the catflap to stop them sneaking back through it). Yes I know horrible mummy but there's nothing worse than a cocker who won't go out in the rain. Rocky my foster would rather pee/poo in the house than go near the stuff and if it rained while we were out he'd do his business then head off home on his own very quickly. My two love the rain LOL
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »
What worked for me was putting the lead on Alfie and taking him out for a walk round the block, he soon got used to the rain :)

Caroline and Alfie

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 02:14:58 PM »
 ;)
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 02:17:29 PM »
:lol:   I have to close the blinds at the back door so I don't see poor Brodie's little face peering in at me. :lol:   When it's raining he will just pee inside.  If I'm quick I stop him halfway and put him outside, close the door and go for my jacket (so I can go outside with him and make sure he does it!).  If I don't go out with him, he'll wait til he comes back in to finish what he started! :rolleyes:   I remember this with Molly though, and it wasn't too long before she knew what to do.  Now it's difficult to get her in when it's raining - you can't win :lol: .
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 03:08:08 PM »
Alfie loves the rain. he just stands there getting wetter and wetter, then likes to gallop up to you, and tries to climb up you to give you a sloppy kiss! He'd play out in it all day if I'd let him.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline Bellbellsmum

• Site Member
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 03:14:56 PM »
My god she IS normal.  I will persevere with her I think.  last night she paced and paced dying for a poo, then eventually I booted her out and she went immediately.  She was  crouching and running at the same time.  Dead funny :D .  Its wee's that are the problem.  Like Brodie she just sits and waits to come in and does it on the floor  :angry: gggrrrrr

Its hard not to get mad with them.  
Laura and Bella (Bellyflops) xxxxxx

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 03:20:47 PM »

Its hard not to get mad with them.
But then you look at their little faces, and it's hard to stay mad with them. :rolleyes:  

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 03:32:23 PM »
Little Bella obviously has a very strong personality, don't give in to her, remember it's for the both of you in the long run!!!
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 03:50:20 PM »
Oh the joy!  Woody got me up at 5am last night wanting a wee so out we go - pouring rain - and he decides that playing with a worm is FAR more interesting.  So I shut the kitchen door on him .. that seemed to focus his attention somewhat!!   :lol:

Oh and it appears that he's scared of leaves - I have to keep brushing them up before he'll go!!   :rolleyes:  
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 05:34:01 PM »
Jasmine doesn't  like the rain. I let Molly and Lennox out and she ran to the door she saw the rain and it was a quick stop. her bum and back leg's was up she looked like she was doing a hand stand.  
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 09:14:08 PM »
Oh and it appears that he's scared of leaves - I have to keep brushing them up before he'll go!!   :rolleyes:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Think yourself lucky...Molo chased every tiny little leaf that he sees blowing around, which is both endearing and frustrating!
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Wont Go Out In Rain
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 01:17:07 AM »
When we lived in Grimsby, we used to go to a place called Donna Nook. It's an airforce training place, but it is safe to excersise your doogs there at certain times and in certain areas when the tide's out.
There were still a lot of very fast low flying fighters and things. Livvy used to chase them for miles barking like a loon! :lol: