Author Topic: Not very lady like Teal  (Read 2038 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JeffD

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1702
  • TEAL
Not very lady like Teal
« on: November 30, 2013, 05:34:14 PM »
Sue picked up a large pack of chopped pig heart from the supermarket and for a change I cooked it up with carrots and potatoes for Teal rather than giving it raw,

Going by the burps and belches and cleaning her face on the carpet I think she enjoyed it.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »
Sue picked up a large pack of chopped pig heart from the supermarket and for a change I cooked it up with carrots and potatoes for Teal rather than giving it raw,

Going by the burps and belches and cleaning her face on the carpet I think she enjoyed it.


Could say she made a right pig of herself  :005:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline abkb

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 810
  • Gender: Female
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 05:50:43 PM »
Sue picked up a large pack of chopped pig heart from the supermarket and for a change I cooked it up with carrots and potatoes for Teal rather than giving it raw,

Going by the burps and belches and cleaning her face on the carpet I think she enjoyed it.


Could say she made a right pig of herself  :005:

 :rofl1:
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013




Offline linda c

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1183
  • Gender: Female
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 05:51:52 PM »
Sounds like she really enjoyed it  :005:

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 06:40:38 PM »
Are most dogs ok with pork these days - used to be a no-no at one time, but I notice you can get pork in kibble too. (thinking of adding some to MInstrel's rice & Burns while I change him from Naturediet, and thought a bit of pork now and again instead of chicken, scrambled egg or fish. for a change (all cooked)!

Sorry to go off topic, Jeff - just interested to know
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline Pearly

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4239
  • Gender: Female
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 06:47:43 PM »
Sue picked up a large pack of chopped pig heart from the supermarket and for a change I cooked it up with carrots and potatoes for Teal rather than giving it raw,

Going by the burps and belches and cleaning her face on the carpet I think she enjoyed it.


Could say she made a right pig of herself  :005:

 :rofl1:

Offline JeffD

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1702
  • TEAL
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 08:13:42 PM »
Are most dogs ok with pork these days - used to be a no-no at one time, but I notice you can get pork in kibble too. (thinking of adding some to MInstrel's rice & Burns while I change him from Naturediet, and thought a bit of pork now and again instead of chicken, scrambled egg or fish. for a change (all cooked)!

Sorry to go off topic, Jeff - just interested to know

TBH never really thought about it have always fed my dogs pork if it was available same as any other meat.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 08:39:28 PM »
Are most dogs ok with pork these days - used to be a no-no at one time, but I notice you can get pork in kibble too. (thinking of adding some to MInstrel's rice & Burns while I change him from Naturediet, and thought a bit of pork now and again instead of chicken, scrambled egg or fish. for a change (all cooked)!

Sorry to go off topic, Jeff - just interested to know

TBH never really thought about it have always fed my dogs pork if it was available same as any other meat.

OK thanks
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline elaine.e

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 11029
  • Gender: Female
  • Sweet William
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 08:52:06 PM »
Well I reckon you'll be getting up at about 3.00 am Jeff :005:

Pork used to be a no for raw feeders and always had to be thoroughly cooked for people because of a type of worm called Trichinosis. But that was eliminated from UK pigs many years ago so there's no reason now why dogs can't have raw pork (although it's a bit rich for some) and why us hoomans can eat our cooked pork a bit pink if we want to.

Heart is very rich and I won't feed my 2 a whole meal of it raw because it goes through them a bit quick ph34r.

Hope you have a peaceful night Jeff :lol2:

Offline JeffD

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1702
  • TEAL
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 09:08:47 PM »
Well I reckon you'll be getting up at about 3.00 am Jeff :005:

Pork used to be a no for raw feeders and always had to be thoroughly cooked for people because of a type of worm called Trichinosis. But that was eliminated from UK pigs many years ago so there's no reason now why dogs can't have raw pork (although it's a bit rich for some) and why us hoomans can eat our cooked pork a bit pink if we want to.

Heart is very rich and I won't feed my 2 a whole meal of it raw because it goes through them a bit quick ph34r.

Hope you have a peaceful night Jeff :lol2:

 :lol2: I am feeling pretty confident Teal has a cast iron stomach and it was cooked and mixed with veg.
 Hope I don't have to eat my words  :D :D :D
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 09:09:51 PM »
Well I reckon you'll be getting up at about 3.00 am Jeff :005:

Pork used to be a no for raw feeders and always had to be thoroughly cooked for people because of a type of worm called Trichinosis. But that was eliminated from UK pigs many years ago so there's no reason now why dogs can't have raw pork (although it's a bit rich for some) and why us hoomans can eat our cooked pork a bit pink if we want to.

Heart is very rich and I won't feed my 2 a whole meal of it raw because it goes through them a bit quick ph34r.

Hope you have a peaceful night Jeff :lol2:

Thanks Elaine

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 09:10:46 PM »
Well I reckon you'll be getting up at about 3.00 am Jeff :005:

Pork used to be a no for raw feeders and always had to be thoroughly cooked for people because of a type of worm called Trichinosis. But that was eliminated from UK pigs many years ago so there's no reason now why dogs can't have raw pork (although it's a bit rich for some) and why us hoomans can eat our cooked pork a bit pink if we want to.

Heart is very rich and I won't feed my 2 a whole meal of it raw because it goes through them a bit quick ph34r.

Hope you have a peaceful night Jeff :lol2:

 :lol2: I am feeling pretty confident Teal has a cast iron stomach and it was cooked and mixed with veg.
 Hope I don't have to eat my words  :D :D :D

NOt sprouts I hope - Watch this space....... :shades:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline JeffD

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1702
  • TEAL
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »
No sprouts, cooked sprouts and cauliflower are a banned dog food in my house, every dog I have ever had can convert them two cooked veg into a lethal nerve agent in 30 minutes  :D
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Not very lady like Teal
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 10:43:21 PM »
No sprouts, cooked sprouts and cauliflower are a banned dog food in my house, every dog I have ever had can convert them two cooked veg into a lethal nerve agent in 30 minutes  :D

  :fear2: :rofl1:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.