Author Topic: Hello from Me and Milo!  (Read 679 times)

Offline Flames129

• My life isn't complete without a dog at my feet.
Hello from Me and Milo!
« on: August 15, 2014, 05:33:25 PM »
Hello!
My name is Ippa, amd my reason for Joining is my 16month old Chocolate Working Cocker called Milo.
I got him at 10 months old as a unruly pup who had had barely any basic training or proper time put into him. His previous owners admitted to buying him as a puppy 'cus he was cute'.
We've just passed our bronze KC good citizen award and will be looking to start scurrying him at some point soon! He is a total bundle of joy and gets on well with my 11 year old collie x. And he has melted everyone that hes met heart. Couldn't be happier  :D

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Hello from Me and Milo!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 06:40:55 PM »
Hello to you and a big welcome to a new  furbaby joining the COL family  Milo  :luv:
We have Gemma, a red worker who also came to us at 10 months of age ( to bouncy for previous owners)  I look at Gemma and think how lucky we were to find her and how sad and dull their lives must be without her. Well done on your bronze award and scurrying will be exciting for you both. Gemma comes beating with us and loves it.
look forward to Milo's stories  ph34r and wait for plenty photos to drool over

Lorna  :lol2:

Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D

I think taking on a 10 month old working Cocker with no training was pretty brave, and I bet he was a bit of a shock to your older dog too! It's great to hear that your hard work with him is paying off, and it would be lovely  to see some photos of him please.

I'm Elaine, owned by 10 year old orange roan William and 5 year old naughty boy Louis, who is blue roan and tan.

Offline Flames129

• My life isn't complete without a dog at my feet.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 04:13:44 PM »
Hi!

Yes he was a handful. I was expecting a project for want of a better word but he was like a little tornado.  He almost had to become docked due to his excitement he kept hitting his tail and making it bleed 3 or 4 times a day for two weeks. So when I took him in for the chop he was ment to be docked but he hadn't bled in about 2 days so back out and so glad a did. Only a small amount of scar tissue shows what he used to do.
Yes the older dog had a bit of a shock. But after a while has come round to him but still likes her peace and quiet!

He is a totally different dog to the one that arrived with us. Hes still crazy but he is also happy. Which as you all know goes along way towards behaviour.  I wouldn't have wanted anything elae bow ive got him. Even if I did originally plan to have a black cocker! Ha!

Edit... photos up in working cocker photo section
I will get some photos up as soon as I can. :D

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 03:19:41 PM »
Hello Ippa and your little cocker Milo.
So glad you found us all here at COL
Everyone is very helpful from cocker question to just about everything else ;) within reason
I am on my second cocker he is coming up to six years old and still a pupster at heart.

Julie and Ollie dog
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline MummyJane

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 11:21:41 AM »
Hello Ippa and Milo  :D