Author Topic: Irregular season  (Read 1926 times)

Offline BentleysMum

• Bentley- Casslewood forever Prince
Irregular season
« on: September 27, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »
Hi everyone

My 2yr3mnth little lady BumbleBee is into her second week of her third season. Her last season was dead on six months from her first one. Which started on New Year's Day! I was expecting her to be in season again in June but it didn't arrive until mid August. I want to breed from her and would like her to try for a litter next time. My question is that is it normal for the seasons to be irregular. I wanted to breed from her this time but as she was so late I didn't want puppies close to Christmas for obvious reasons. Also, after her last two seasons her teats became very floppy as if she had been in whelp. Was this a sign of a phantom? Would it make a difference to her cycle? The other thing is if she does have another phantom this time would it be better to have her spayed?

So many questions. I have had dogs all my adult life and want to do the best by BumbleBee. I look forward to your advice. Thank you in advance
Gilly

Offline jesse

Re: Irregular season
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 10:36:25 AM »
My girls seasons are all over the place.  Her first was at 2 and half years old, her second was July at 4 years old. She was mated successfully and has beautiful litter. So don't worry I am sure it will work out for you to breed from her. I had a long talk with a lady from cocker society and she told me it's very common x

Offline BentleysMum

• Bentley- Casslewood forever Prince
Re: Irregular season
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 10:35:34 PM »
Thank you Jesse
Puppies next year ..........  I hope  ;) :D