Author Topic: Over dose of meds  (Read 10785 times)

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Over dose of meds
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 10:19:56 PM »
I hope Charlie is getting back to normal again.  I  know you said he is drinking a lot, but hopefully that will help to flush out his system.  Gentle cuddle for this very special boy. x

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 11:29:45 PM »
I can't believe I'm reading this - that is just horrendous!  I so hope Charlie has no lasting effects and yes, I'd be contacting the RCV and formalising a complaint  :-\
helen & jarvis x

Offline catcmartin

• Site Member
  • Hamish
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »
Hi Helen thats the plan I have today informed my insurance company and also contact Which of who I am a member for advice I am waiting for their lawyer to call me.  I have drafted up a letter to the Senior Partner which I will be handing in today and once I have legal advice a complaint to the RCVS will be next I just have to photograph the Manufacturers box along with Vet label to add to my complaint.  Charlie still drinking a lot but at least is eating some now and seems a bit brighter in himself thank dawg,
Cathy
Belle my Angel 22-09-09
Charlie my Angel 11-12-2014
Hamish latest addition

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2014, 02:41:03 PM »
Go get em girl so glad that Charlie is feeling better Cathy  :luv: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2014, 03:15:32 PM »
So pleased Charlie is feeling better, good luck with your complaint - hope you get satisfactory outcome.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline catcmartin

• Site Member
  • Hamish
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 03:17:07 PM »
I am gobsmacked I just got legal advice and the only claim I would have would be for the treatment apparently pain and suffering in animals does not count.  As the Insurance company paid for the treatment then I will have no claim unless I raise an action in the small claims court. I might just do that to see what that brings.  So they can do what they dam well please with no redress.  Still got CAB to speak too.
RCVS complaint will go in tomorrow.
Cathy
Belle my Angel 22-09-09
Hamish latest addition

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 03:24:10 PM »
I am gobsmacked I just got legal advice and the only claim I would have would be for the treatment apparently pain and suffering in animals does not count.  As the Insurance company paid for the treatment then I will have no claim unless I raise an action in the small claims court. I might just do that to see what that brings.  So they can do what they dam well please with no redress.  Still got CAB to speak too.
RCVS complaint will go in tomorrow.

Oh that hardly seems fair does it - Charlie has been really unwell because of negligence and there is nothing you can do? Hope you get more helpful news from CAB.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 03:51:41 PM »
It does seem unfair.  I definitely think the RCVS is the way to go, the vets practice will cover its back on everything else and it will be difficult to prove that any resulting effects are due to having increased drug intake or just through old age.  At least they may get investigated through RCVS.

how about your local paper? 

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2014, 04:09:08 PM »
Be careful with the local paper, don't get yourself into trouble. (slander)

But you must feel gutted.
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline catcmartin

• Site Member
  • Hamish
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2014, 04:11:33 PM »
Yes PatP I plan to call the RCVS tomorrow lodge my complaint and follow that up with an email containing the proof of the dosage he was dispensed by negligence
Cathy
Belle my Angel 22-09-09
Hamish latest addition

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »
Be careful with the local paper, don't get yourself into trouble. (slander)

But you must feel gutted.

Slander is only if you make a false statement I thought?  Couldnt the article be around concerns that our pets care and checks on prescribed medication falling below expectations?

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2014, 06:44:42 PM »
I am saddened and shocked by that.  I think the RCVS is definitely the way to go.  Cuddles for Charlie  :luv:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2014, 07:48:00 PM »
def RCVS   just had a look at their web site and your vet has broken the Code of Professional Conduct. click on the Concerns tab and follow advice. The next pet might not be so lucky
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2014, 08:15:36 PM »
Have been reading all the posts and I can't believe they will be able
to get away with this dreadful mistake,
I hope Charlie is on the mend,
everything crossed here for him and please give him big cuddles  :luv:
Do you have to stay with this vet? because I would never trust
them again. like Min said the next pet might not be so lucky

Offline catcmartin

• Site Member
  • Hamish
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »
Hi honeysmum hubby and I have debated long and hard about moving Charlie to another Vet I even searched for any in Ayrshire who also have acupuncture as he needs that every 2 weeks.  Now if we move him we have to find a vet willing to take him and them knowing about a complaint being lodged with RCVS against our previous vet. Also if we move just now and they find that he does develop for instance liver issues 3 months from now we then get into who pays the new vet to treat liver disease as a result of the overdose.  So we have decided to stay where we are and be extra careful re meds.  Plus as the senior partner who is a big lump of a man so far has not had the balls to front up and face me and I was in the surgery for an hour tonight for acupuncture and another blood test, he was in because I asked the nurse and still he chose not to speak to me.  I think my being in and out with Charlie will have more of an impact on him than it will  me.    Typical Scottish Wumin I can bide my time I will see my day with him verbally and face to face.     
Cathy
Belle my Angel 22-09-09
Hamish latest addition