Author Topic: Why does it have to be such hard work...no not the dog  (Read 348 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Why does it have to be such hard work...no not the dog
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 05:42:36 PM »
I use the small microfibre towels. They‘re a bit like a window leather and when damp, absorb an amazing amount of water. When Humphrey‘s really wet I can rub over and just keep squeezing them out. Afterwards I just rinse them through and pop them back in the plastic box so that they stay damp. Ive still got the original one I bought over four years ago, but have bought a couple more since as spares and then throw them all in the machine every now and again to freshen them up. The advantage is that they don‘t need drying.
I bought mine on Amazon here in Germany but have seen them in UK, I think there are various makes but they all work on the same principal.
Only other suggestion would be a doggy hairdryer /blaster - I bought one (also on Amazon) fairly cheaply and its been a Godsend.
After having had to  wash smelly woolen socks for 40 years, which had  been worn  in firebrigade boots during a 24 hour shift in the middle of summer , my OH wouldn‘t DARE challenge smelly dog towels in the washing machine!! :lol2:  :lol2:

Offline fionad

Re: Why does it have to be such hard work...no not the dog
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 09:22:27 PM »
Yes I have one of those dog towels. They are brilliant. They absorb a lot of water which can be squeezed out into the sink.

Mine is an Aquasorb Towel. Groomers professional. It didn't cost a lot. You rinse it out then keep it damp in a plastic tube.

You can get them from Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Groomers-AQ002-Aquasorb-Towel-Large/dp/B01FD5Z5OM/ref=asc_df_B01FD5Z5OM/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=226613890277&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=470525965424712790&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045448&hvtargid=pla-486116345717&psc=1&th=1&psc=1