Author Topic: Grooming Legs  (Read 2167 times)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Grooming Legs
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 02:13:13 PM »
Oh yes, no more hairy legs, chest, or bum, or feet, or head. She's bleeding scalped him. I'm really cross, she's gone and clippered him back when I specifically aksed her not to use clippers unless needed - she had said she may need to use them on his legs, which I accpted. He looks like one of those cats with no hair, horrencous! :ph34r:angry:
[snapback]161492[/snapback]

Oh no :o I would be FURIOUS too :angry: .

Brrrrrr poor wee Hamish'll be cold!!!!!! I hope he is a jacket! :)

What a nightmare, I hope she didn't charge you a tiny fortune for the pleasure :blink:

Maybe you could do a cocker grooming course and then you might feel more confident doing it yourself, if you have time.

I'm sure he still looks georgous ;)

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
Grooming Legs
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 04:26:59 PM »
Poor Hamish...it's a good thing that bad haircuts tends to affect us more than them.  If he was so hairy to begin with, he will grow back fast too :)
Bailey and Mom

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Grooming Legs
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 06:24:50 PM »
He was really hairy, I trimmed his toes 2 weeks back and it had grown completely back.

I don't know how his coat will be now, if he's completely ruined for ever.  His coat wasn't silky anyway because of the drugs he's on I think, but a bit more hair is needed. :rolleyes:
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
Grooming Legs
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 06:35:47 PM »
Oh yes, no more hairy legs, chest, or bum, or feet, or head. She's bleeding scalped him. I'm really cross, she's gone and clippered him back when I specifically aksed her not to use clippers unless needed - she had said she may need to use them on his legs, which I accpted. He looks like one of those cats with no hair, horrencous! :ph34r:angry:
[snapback]161492[/snapback]

Oh what a bloody nightmare :(  :angry:  :(  

I know a little how you feel I used a different groomer in the summer who 'tidied' Daisy up.  Clippered her back, cut off her top knot and removed most of the feathering on her legs :angry:

It really is annoying isn't it??
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Grooming Legs
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »
Sarah, did it grow back ok? His hair grows really fast, so that's something. :rolleyes:

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
Grooming Legs
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 06:52:39 PM »
Sarah, did it grow back ok? His hair grows really fast, so that's something. :rolleyes:
[snapback]161553[/snapback]

Shona if you'd asked me that 3 days ago I'd have said no - hence my post 'clippered back' BUT a coat king arrived in this morning's post and for the first time since it was done her coat has finally laid down flat.  Also Suki1964 (?hope I got the numbers right or I've just aged her :ph34r:  :lol: ) said to try using thinning scissors.  When the coat is clippered it all gets to be one length - hence the sticky up bits.

I'm sure he'll still be a very handsome young man :D  

(note from Daisy - she wants Hamish to know that if your back fur is all sticky uppy it holds mud and poo for much longer making it much easier to spread round the house :rolleyes: )

Edited to add - old timers disease setting in - it was TraceyJ not Suki that said about the thinning scissors - way too much vodka been consumed to be allowed on here tonight :lol:  :lol:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Grooming Legs
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2005, 08:20:38 PM »
Oh good!

The vodka fairy must be doing the rounds - same problem here! ;)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Grooming Legs
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2005, 08:49:09 PM »
Oh good!

[snapback]161581[/snapback]

Ooh, send her round here when you've finished with her   please  ;) :)

Sue and Tilly

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Grooming Legs
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2005, 08:59:27 PM »
Oh good!

[snapback]161581[/snapback]

She's been here too!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Infact she's just left :)

Offline sarahb2206

• Site Member
    • http://
Grooming Legs
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 09:13:14 PM »
:lol:     And then round here!!!!!!  Please I'm DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Anyway - back to hairy legs......  the dog's, not mine!!!  :rolleyes:  (mind you - I could use a few of these tips myself.......  :ph34r:  )

Bramble's legs are WAY HAIRY!!!!!!!   about 5" all round  Arghhhhh!!!!!    We had a visit from the grooming lady, who used to show cockers, and said they needed to be clippered.   I had a mega OMG - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO   on her, but she re-assured me......  anyway, she clippered the front of B's legs and they look great.  I've tried to put a pic here, but can't!!!   :rolleyes:
Sarah and Bramble XX