Author Topic: Testing at night time!  (Read 2595 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline bibathediva

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2077
  • Gender: Female
  • SMILE
Re: Testing at night time!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 04:29:07 PM »
Just a thought  ph34r but could she be wanting to poo at 4 in the morning to do with timing of her meals? I'm sure someone with more experience can advise on this, but I know one day when I changed the time of Freds meals he toileted in his crate one night which he's never done before?

Good luck and keep persevering x
i read that too on another thread,depending on what you are feeding i think wet food takes about 8 hours to go through and dry about 12 but not sure if thats an adult dog,perhaps someone who really knows will answer :D

Offline janeg

  • Site Member
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 30
Re: Testing at night time!
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 10:06:39 AM »
Hi guys, sorry I've not replied for so long.  Back at work, school etc!!  Good news on the night time front.  Connie now sleeps through the night until at least 6am which is when our household has to get up anyway.  I decided one night that as she was just wanting to get up and play at 4am that I wouldn't pander to her and with a great deal of understanding and patience from my fantastic neighbour, would just shout down to her when she started barking, that it was sleeptime.  I fully expected to get up to a mess the next morning but I didn't and she got so much praise that she nearly wet herself :005:  For the past week we have had no messing in the crate and a full nights sleep.  She has learned to go outside in the garden for a wee and a poo before bedtime and has done a poo once on a walk but that was just becasue we were out for so long that she had no alternative and flew off like a whippet when she had actually done the deed as if she wanted to disassociate herself from the steaming mound! I still haven't put any photos on but have signed up to photobucket so will endeavour to master it this next week. caught OH rolling about on floor with Connie the other day.  Obviously he was just trying to get something off her in case she choked!! I personally think that he's in  :luv: Thanks for all your advice guys, no doubt I'll be back needing some more in the not too distant future ;)