Hello, I've just brought my new puppy, Cody, home and am using a crate for him to sleep in at night. He settles in at about 10:30 ish until about 6am. I did expect a few sleepless nights but I'm not sure how to handle them and would really appreciate some advice. During the night he wakes up and starts to cry, I go downstairs and let him into the garden where he relieves himself then comes back in. The problem is that he will not settle straight away, I don't want to leave him howling because of disturbing my husband who works long hours but I don't want him to get use to faling asleep with me there. At the moment I stay in the room away from his crate and wait until he is nearly asleep before I go, usually about 10mins. Cody is only 9 weeks old and is pretty much housetrained in that he would rather go out to do his business than do it in the house or his crate. He only wakes up twice a night so I'm hoping that as he gets older he will be able to last longer. Am I doing the right thing or not?