Author Topic: Why I dont want a puppy  (Read 3028 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JennyBee

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5915
  • Gender: Female
  • Princess Brodie
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 01:36:18 PM »
I am finding it quite difficult to walk across the floor though, I've developed leg drag! ::) :005:

:lol2: :lol2:

30 pups :o I'm surprised you weren't eaten alive :005:. I met an absolutely gorgeous blue roan puppy a couple of months ago and I could have ran away with her, she was soooo cute :luv:. Thankfully she opened her mouth and reminded me just why I never want another puppy  :005:. All these puppies popping up everywhere on COL are really making me broody though ::)

                              x In memory of Barney x

Offline Rats and Dogs

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6033
  • Gender: Female
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 02:26:52 PM »
I am finding it quite difficult to walk across the floor though, I've developed leg drag! ::) :005:

:lol2: :lol2:

30 pups :o I'm surprised you weren't eaten alive :005:.

I was, you should have seen my arms and legs every night when I got home, I was scratched and bitten to pieces! The worst time was when we had staffie x's in and they would just clamp onto my legs and not let go, it was like being in a trap! My legs were black and blue for weeks. :o

So, you can see how having one little puppy Duggie is no trouble at all! :005: :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge


Offline mary w

  • Site Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 349
  • Gender: Female
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 03:06:32 PM »
When they come running to you and wee at the same time because they are so excited to see you.
When you have had a really s**t day at work and they come to greet you with your best knickers, and all you can do is smile because after all they are so pleased to see you, and you forget all about the s**t day you have just had.
When you get woken up in the early hours by this little smelly thing that is licking you all over your face.

I don’t think I’ve got the hang of this thread do you?
 :rofl1:
Love machine

Offline Rooster

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 66
  • Gender: Female
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 03:25:05 PM »
The frog torturing thing isn't great. Throwing snails against the patio doors just for fun probably also something best glossed over, as is Rupert's habit of considering his own poop a dessert option. But this morning he scaled new heights (literally) of puppydom when he was found standing on the dining room table looking rather pleased with himself.  ::)

So now we have to remember to always push the chairs in as well as close doors, drawers and fridges quickly (he moves surprisingly fast for a little chap), put the tv remotes out of reach (found them in the middle of the lawn last week), hide the Radio Times (shredded before I'd read it), not leave newspapers on the sofa (ditto), never wear white clothes (unless you like the whole muddy paw print look) and keep all cups of tea above spaniel height (although our estimate of 'spaniel height' has to be increased significantly now we realise he has mountain goat somewhere in his pedigree)...

Offline mcphee

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2406
  • Gender: Female
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »
They restyle the wood work in your house, eat your underlay and carpets redesign your garden and grow up too quickly!

Offline elaine.e

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 11029
  • Gender: Female
  • Sweet William
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 08:29:02 PM »
They shred the post, unravel loo roll, bury things in the garden then dig them up again, chew through speaker cables, give you nightmares because they're fussy eaters and you think they're going to starve themselves - and that was just my perfect boy William  :luv:

Hang on a minute. I'm just about to get another one. Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp  :lol2:

Offline Lily Freya

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5729
  • Gender: Female
  • Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 04:06:49 PM »
I think you really want another secretly....he he!!

You have to keep saying all the bad things to prevent yourself from doing it.

There are bad things......course.....but, I bet your list of good things, and things you love about your dog now is even longer.

Go on.................get one I dare you!!!
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline sueneal5

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 68
  • Gender: Female
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 07:30:45 PM »
I agree with all of you.  Only had Dylan for 3 weeks and he is training us well.  Not sure that was my original idea - thought I would show him how to be good, maybe teach him a couple of tricks, give him rewards, and train the bestest behaved dog in the world. 
I may need to rethink some of my plan.  Mainly the bits involving Dylan  ;) ;)


Offline Steelygirl

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 784
  • Gender: Female
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »
they steal your knickers,  run around the garden with them and then sit on the wall, (with the same said knickers still dangling from their mouth,)  whilst waiting patiently for the next door neighbour to come and pet them.  ph34r


Thats just a puppy thing???? Right, off to have a quick word in Freds ear....  >:(

Another one to add to the list: Teeth the sharpness of needles...and even when they go you find blood from them on your carpets....

Someone remind me why i'm doing this again....7 weeks and counting!!??  :luv:



Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 12:45:29 AM »
they steal your knickers,  run around the garden with them and then sit on the wall, (with the same said knickers still dangling from their mouth,)  whilst waiting patiently for the next door neighbour to come and pet them.  ph34r


Thats just a puppy thing???? Right, off to have a quick word in Freds ear....  >:(

Another one to add to the list: Teeth the sharpness of needles...and even when they go you find blood from them on your carpets....

Someone remind me why i'm doing this again....7 weeks and counting!!??  :luv:

Cos despite all their minor 'faults' they are simply irrestabubble?  :rofl1: ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline debrand

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1290
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 07:16:29 AM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1:
I love this thread.
All of the above reasons-except waiting with my knickers in mouth for neighbour  :005:
Too late though- Finn is 12 weeks old and having a quiet,cuddly, kissy 5 minutes  :luv: :luv:

Offline Dream Girl

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Gender: Female
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 08:04:50 AM »
This has brought back memories. As for knickers, we were in our neighbours' kitchen having a coffee; Rose went upstairs and brought down the mum's knickers - not sure who was the most embarrassed.
And sock kisses  - she comes to me with my son's sock (dirty socks are the best) in her mouth, wagging her tail and starts trying to kiss me and just head butts instead.
Yes mouthing has to be the worst thing and had just about forgotten about the leg drag. Maybe I shouldn't have read this thread