Author Topic: Lucy again - update please help things are getting worse  (Read 2131 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sharonmansfield

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1290
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
Re: Lucy again - update please help things are getting worse
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »
Hiya, so sad to read that you have been reduced to tears by your naughty cockers. To be honest it sounds like my 2, I am no expert but my 2 growl at each other quite often. Its usually Jasmine that growls at Bella, she never bares teeth but just grumbles at her sometimes even if she just looks in her direction. Bella mostly ignores her but they do have the odd spatt its very rare and usually over food such as a bone and is usually more noise than actual proper fighting, Bella is greedy and will eat hers then try and steal Jasmines.  I just know that Jasmine is a grumbler and has always done it since I had her at 7 weeks.  One thing I have noticed with this is that Jasmine becomes worse around the time of her season, hence she is getting spayed when the time is right later this year. I had her checked by the vet a few weeks ago and he said as her season was due soon she was just an hormonal bitch :005: She was also very bad tempered when we had the hot weather and I found just letting her be alone to sleep the best solution to that. She is my perfect little angel most of the time but can be moody on occasion. However both dogs do really love each other.
Best get her checked out to make sure there is no underlying problem, it gives you peace of mind anyhow.
Hope that you are feeling a bit better.
Sharon 

Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline ruby ruby doo

  • Site Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 383
Re: Lucy again - update please help things are getting worse
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 11:05:25 AM »
Sorry they are upsetting you so much..hope you ve had a bit of support and feel better now..we all have moments with our dogs when we feel out of control and upset..its only natural..just see it as part of the learning curve in predicting what the problem is..if our dogs could talk we could resolve these things much better!! :luv:
jo & ruby =)

Offline bluegirl

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5875
  • Gender: Female
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Re: Lucy again - update please help things are getting worse
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 08:23:43 AM »
Does she crave your attention more than Eric, does she want you knee and your time more?

I've found that things can go pear shaped with Bronte and Penny at times because they are both wanting my knee. If Penny gets on she growls at the others. If Bronte gets on she definately targets Penny because she knows Penny wants what she wants and Phoebe and Logan arn't really knee dogs.
I have to watch in certain situations that things don't get out of hand so when I know there is potential for a conflict, even if its just an air snap I can't let either of the girls on my knee.
Same with food, mine on the whole don't bother guarding food, it's gone too quick for that, but if I do have things that take longer to eat Bronte is always moved to a safe area because she'll try to pinch off the others. Logan, Pheobe and Penny seem to respect each others space and a little growl will move them on, Bronte on the other hand can't see why she can't have someone elses if she's finished, so to protect her she's put out the way. She'll also defend what she has if she thinks one of the others is too close.

Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.


"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.