Author Topic: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets  (Read 2505 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rats and Dogs

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6033
  • Gender: Female
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 05:18:16 PM »
Duggie took his last week squashed into a bit of cheese, it didn't touch the sides either, gutsy pig-pup! :005:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge


Offline supergirl

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Wonderful Indie
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »
Sandwiched between two pieces of cheese - doesn't touch the sides with my two.  Sometimes I think if I just gave the tablet they would eat it anyway.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline rwasinski

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 811
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 07:16:16 PM »
Looks like cheese or meat is the way to go.

What type of cheese do you normally use? I read somewhere about not using 'unpasturised'. Should we just opt for Welsh cheddar?  :lol2:


Rebecca, Blod-ness and Llew-bear!

Offline *jean*

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3936
  • Gender: Female
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »
I throw a treat then the tablet .. all are fooled except pepper  ph34r .. once liath dived in and grabbed her tablet as well so maybe not such a good idea if you have more than one dog!  ph34r I wrap peppers in a bit laughing cow triangle! that always works. ;)

Offline Nicola

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16455
  • Gender: Female
  • FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 07:25:09 PM »
Looks like cheese or meat is the way to go.

What type of cheese do you normally use? I read somewhere about not using 'unpasturised'. Should we just opt for Welsh cheddar?  :lol2:

Normal cheddar is fine, I usually buy the cheapest supermarket own label stuff to give the dogs as treats.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x



http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline rwasinski

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 811
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 07:30:21 PM »
Brilliant - will get some basic cheddar ready for Friday  :D


Rebecca, Blod-ness and Llew-bear!

Offline sharonmansfield

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1290
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 07:56:32 PM »
Mine have basic cheddar too, I also use it for a special training treat as they adore it
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline bluegirl

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5875
  • Gender: Female
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 08:33:28 PM »
If she's a pig like Bronte just give it her and she'll eat it, if not stick it in a bit of soft food and it'll go down a treat...less she's a clever cunning little one. :005:
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.


"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline CrunchyMand

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 163
  • Gender: Female
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 04:49:51 PM »
Oscar was given Drontal flavour- think it was beef flavoured. Anyway I pushed it into some cheese and he wolfed the lot down.
Enjoying this journey !!



Offline EmmaA

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5630
  • Gender: Female
  • Eric
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 05:55:23 PM »
I normally drop it on the floor next to me and then bend down. As soon as my 2 think they are pinching something it goes straight down in a nano second  :005:

Offline Nicola

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16455
  • Gender: Female
  • FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »
I normally drop it on the floor next to me and then bend down. As soon as my 2 think they are pinching something it goes straight down in a nano second  :005:

If I did that here old Quick Draw McGraw Tilly would get 3 tablets and Rodaidh and Caoimhe would get nothing :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x



http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline EmmaA

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5630
  • Gender: Female
  • Eric
Re: Best way for Blodwen to take her worming tablets
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »
I normally drop it on the floor next to me and then bend down. As soon as my 2 think they are pinching something it goes straight down in a nano second  :005:

If I did that here old Quick Draw McGraw Tilly would get 3 tablets and Rodaidh and Caoimhe would get nothing :lol2:


:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: