Author Topic: fireworks...  (Read 484 times)

Offline lemoniee

• Site Member
fireworks...
« on: November 06, 2010, 07:12:30 PM »
Can't believe my delta isn't fussed about fireworks! She is only just 4months old and heard next doors go off, she put her head+ears up, looked at me then carried on with destroying her pigs ear! Think it must be something2do with her dad being a gun dog/worker :)
I'm one very proud mummy x

Offline maddycakes

Re: fireworks...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 07:24:24 PM »
Ruby is nearly 11 months and she is not bothered with them in the slightest, my last cocker didn't bother but the rottie was a quivering wreck!

Offline Mrs B

• Butter wouldn't melt!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 09:26:48 AM »
Must admit I was really worried about Bonfire night this year as Cinders has only just turned 1 years old and she responds to any slight sound at the best of times.  In the house when she has heard them she will stop what she is doing, put her head on one side and then carry on as normal!  When out walking she sits and stops to watch them with her head on one side (very comical!!).  I am now one very proud mummy!!! 

One of my friends has to give her Staffie tablets at least 2 weeks before hand as he is a quivering wreck!!
Mrs B & Cinders xx

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 09:32:26 AM »
Neither of my two are bothered by fireworks (I have a rescue Weimaraner and a show type cocker I've had from a puppy). The Weim has been shot over so I don't know if that helps but the cocker hasn't.. both of them are happy to stand in the garden and watch a display with us :luv:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 01:13:33 PM »
None of mine are bothered either, like Hannahs dogs they will happily sit and watch fireworks ::) My Vizzie was a small pup for his first 'firework season', so we took him out in the garden and played lots of fun games, and fed him yummy treats! I don't know if that is why he is not phased by them or it is because he is from pure working parents.
Lillie copied Isaac. Teva probably copied the other 2 - but her breeder played lots of 'noise' CD's to the pups, including the sounds of fireworks, so she just sat and watched, not even batting an eyelid :D

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »
I wouldn't say Bob was scared of them but he dose like to bark at them