Author Topic: If silky hair goes wooly after spaying what happens to teddy bears after spaying  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Mr Darcy

Sorry if this is a silly question, I have a golden silky girl 8 months and she has just had her first season. I have been reading about the changes in coat after spaying for silky coats and i wondered what happens to those cockers that already have thick furry coats before spaying, do they go curly or just get thicker? By the way i prefer the wooly to the silky, i'm just strange that way and may end up eating my words when i have to groom her. :005:

Offline Beth

• Site Member
They just go REALLY woolly. ::) (Btw, i'm sure you will be eating your words in about 6 months time. :005:)
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Its been two months since Indie's been spayed and no change yet, hoping there won't be one  :shades:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Its been two months since Indie's been spayed and no change yet, hoping there won't be one  :shades:

It's probably too soon to notice any real changes - sometimes it takes 6 months to a year before you notice a difference (especially with the finer coats).

As Beth says, a thick woolly coat to start will just gets thicker after neutering - these sort of coats often need clipping quite short because the hair matts up so easily ph34r
Jane

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member

It's probably too soon to notice any real changes - sometimes it takes 6 months to a year before you notice a difference (especially with the finer coats).

As Beth says, a thick woolly coat to start will just gets thicker after neutering - these sort of coats often need clipping quite short because the hair matts up so easily ph34r

I was feeling quite lucky as well  :005:

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
Maddi was a fluffy girl, now she is a curly fluffy girl!   
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline Mr Darcy

I really hope my honey ends up looking like this  http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=43882.0

Offline Mr Darcy

oops sorry thought i had posted pic. It's the right link just scroll down to colins dog and its the third pic i like, where he is a lighter gold more of a buff colour, and so thick furred, but beautiful looking.

Offline SJP

• Site Member
Lola has gone very fluffy - but strangely only on the legs - since being speyed in January.  Here are her legs:
http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=47041.0

I don't like her like this I wish she had sleekier legs......she's off to the groomers tomorrow to get them sorted  ;)
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline bracken

• Site Member
I love the teddy bear look  :luv: but really hoping Rosie is not as bad as Bailey  :-\ Bailey's coat has gone really curly and matts so very easily,and she hates being groomed  :'(

Jo

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
Lola has gone very fluffy - but strangely only on the legs - since being speyed in January.  Here are her legs:
http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=47041.0

I don't like her like this I wish she had sleekier legs......she's off to the groomers tomorrow to get them sorted  ;)

4 full leg waxes Madame???  :005: :005: :005:
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Mr Darcy

I love her legs, so like a teddy bear, i will never make a show mum :005: crufts would despair.

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
bonnie boo a lemon and white worker has a silky coat is now 2 years and was spayed about a year ago i cant say i have noticed any change in the feel of her fur,she is booked in for her first grooming session this month.
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet