Author Topic: 2 last Andis clipper questions then I will shut up and buy them!  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Sprinkles

2 last Andis clipper questions then I will shut up and buy them!
« on: February 20, 2011, 02:06:23 PM »
Decision made on Andid AGC twin speed clippers from Groomers online and a #7fc blade. Thanks to everyone who has helped. I have searched previous threads too...honest!

My questions.
1. Is the #7fc correct? Everyone refers to the #7f...I assume it's the same thing?
2. As I'm quite nervous and want to keep some sort of length/skirt to start (and worried about cutting him! :o) should I buy a comb attachement or a lower number blade like a #4 or #3

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D
Jo slave to the Cocker! ;)

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: 2 last Andis clipper questions then I will shut up and buy them!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »
I usually buy the 7FC....on one occasion i accidentally ordered the 7F but didn't like the finish as much.
Sorry i can't answer your 2nd one as i use scissors for skirt & feathers.
Hopefully someone more knowledgable can answer this.  :blink:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »

7fc  :shades:

You're going to scissor the skirt, you are not going to be clipping it so most all your clipper work will will be above the skirt line, except the privates which are never done with anything other than a #10. When I mentioned in the other thread about skimming the skirt with the clippers, I meant the end of the hair at the length you want, so you will be basically "brushing" the tips of the skirt about 4 inches or more away from the body  

Unless you're going for a really short skirt, I'd skip the comb attachments

You won't cut him, don't worry :D You'll catch on to it, in a traditional cocker clip you aren't going to be clippering in any of the "problem spots" anyway
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Sprinkles

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 03:50:52 PM »
Thanks guys!. X

Offline dbidas

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »
Are you going for the Andis Super 2 speed?  I have been looking for a while now and im not sure which ones to go for.

Offline Sprinkles

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 06:37:22 PM »
Yes I ordered the AGC super 2 speed on Sunday night (in blue!) with a #10 and #7fc blade. It arrived Tuesday which is brilliant delivery. I used Groomers online. I haven't used them yet as Brody was groomed Monday (a good starting point for me!) But I have turned them on and they are surprisingly quiet.

I did LOADS of research in the search box on here and also used my link http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=80948.0 I think they are worth it soooo much more rather than buying 2 or 3 pairs of Argos type clippers  ;)