Author Topic: I think we have found our puppy!  (Read 14165 times)

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Happy happy phone call
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2007, 09:50:23 AM »
Take loads of pics, and give Buffy a cuddle from me, I love little squidgy pups, even naughty ones  :lol:
Have fun.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2007, 11:31:20 AM »
Have fun with Buffy today,Penny! ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 11:53:47 AM »
Ooh, she sounds lovely! Have fun and lots of cuddles.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2007, 12:01:55 PM »
Penny, can't wait to see some pics

Have a great day  ;)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2007, 02:06:43 PM »
We have just got home from visiting Buffy.  I can't believe how much she has changed in one short week! :luv:
She is so confident and outgoing, trotting out to see us with no fear at all (mind you she is only 4 weeks old, so I guess she is a bit young to be scared!)  We are very glad that now the pups' personalities are starting to show, we are still happy with our choice.  It is a bit scary at 3 weeks as apart from markings, there is not much to go on.  Now they are up and about and we are really pleased we chose her (or she chose us!)
Her mum is as adorable as before, and was really pleased to see us.  There was one pup who Dominic liked today but that was because it stayed in the bed for the longest time and was last one out to come and see us - its markings were cute, but we are still pleased with our selection of Buffy! 
She was happy to be cuddled and Dominic was over the moon when he called her and she came to him (You and I both know she only went to him because he was on the floor patting the  ground, but will let him think she is starting to learn her name  :005:)  She was climbing all over Trev and Dominic and I was taking photos.  Then I suddenly realised it was almost time to go, so I gave up clicking and got down to the serious business of cuddling her!  She is soooooo cute.  Kept nibbling my ear and licking.  Her tail never stopped wagging the whole time.
We are going back to see her next Sunday, which is lovely because it is mother's day and not going to be an easy day for me, but luckily her breeder is happy for us to visit whenever we want.  (She is very lucky that she lives an hour and a half away, or I would be there every night!)
Anyway, I know you wanted pictures, so hope these work.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/pennyharrison/P3110148.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/pennyharrison/P3110146.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/pennyharrison/P3110145.jpg
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2007, 02:23:41 PM »
She's just darling! What a beautiful little face!  :luv: :luv:

Sounds like she's going to keep you on your toes if she's escaping and stealing food at 4 weeks!  :005:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Evs

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 02:29:21 PM »
Wow - she's a real cutie :luv: Even with Ellie at nearly 6 months just looking at Buffy makes me want another one - now!
Hope the days don't go too slowly 'til she arrives.

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 03:34:03 PM »
How gorgeous she is,Penny.....awwwww!! :luv:

She looks very like Domino did at that age. ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Gpalin

• Site Member
  • My Baby Floyd
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2007, 03:38:53 PM »
She's beautifull, i think I can see a mischivious glint in her eyes.  :005:
Gemma,gorgeous Floyd and cutey Charlie xxxxxxx
www.myspaniel.co.uk
'without a doggy in my world, life would be boring'

Offline Waggy One

• Site Member
  • Beau
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2007, 03:50:43 PM »
She's beautiful  :luv: and I'm far too puppy-broody at the moment  :005:
Becs', Beau & Cookie xxx

Offline kellyjayne

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2007, 04:10:38 PM »
Penny, she is beautiful  :luv: The time will fly until you bring her home
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.  ~Roger Caras

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2007, 04:21:51 PM »
Bet she will get away with absolute murder  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2007, 06:48:36 PM »
Naturally when I was at Crufts yesterday I told anyone who might be interested (and a few who might not!) that we would be collecting our Cocker in just over 3 weeks.  One lady who had cockers was very interested and asked about her colouring, breeding etc.  When I said she was black and white, she asked if her facial markings were symmetrical.  I said they are not quite, and she said she would not do well in the show ring.
Now I am only planning to do companion and fun shows, but had thought I might take her along to a couple of "real" shows as she will be my only pedigree dog (nothing against companion and fun shows, cos we love them and they are our hobby, but just thought I might do the "real" type occasionally with Buffy! :005:)
Is this lady right?  Will she never get anywhere if her markings are not symmetrical?
I have yet to watch the video of Crufts with Cockers so am a complete novice because the only cockers we have ever watched at "real" shows have been blue roans, so black and white is new to us.
Any advice from anyone who knows!
Having said that, I honestly don't mind if it means we can't go into breed shows - as I said we love our companion and fun shows - just wondering aloud really!
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2007, 08:35:13 PM »
Naturally when I was at Crufts yesterday I told anyone who might be interested (and a few who might not!) that we would be collecting our Cocker in just over 3 weeks.  One lady who had cockers was very interested and asked about her colouring, breeding etc.  When I said she was black and white, she asked if her facial markings were symmetrical.  I said they are not quite, and she said she would not do well in the show ring.

I don't think that's right but someone on COL will know for sure  :D

Was it the lady on the discover dog stand with the two cockers by any chance ??

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2007, 08:47:48 PM »

Re the markings, this thread may help... HERE